Prog rock
Oct 14, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #1,926 of 4,456
brand new video for "Juno" by TesseracT

@KopaneDePooj you just struck a nerve with me. This very track, Juno, I used for a good part of 2017 as one of my test tracks for system tweaks, etc. Why? It's full on 'sonic wall' from the first note that's struck. The production on Sonder (as well as the music quality) is outstanding. It's one of those tracks that has so much depth in the recording that you'll know if your tweak took you a step further into the recording (or a step back). One of my most listened-to albums of 2017 without a doubt. I'd say it's within the top 25 albums of all time for me.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #1,928 of 4,456
@KopaneDePooj you just struck a nerve with me. This very track, Juno, I used for a good part of 2017 as one of my test tracks for system tweaks, etc. Why? It's full on 'sonic wall' from the first note that's struck. The production on Sonder (as well as the music quality) is outstanding. It's one of those tracks that has so much depth in the recording that you'll know if your tweak took you a step further into the recording (or a step back). One of my most listened-to albums of 2017 without a doubt. I'd say it's within the top 25 albums of all time for me.
Glad you liked the video! :)
To be honest I wasn't really into Tesseract until now. Some time ago when I listened to "Polaris" I just wasn't in the mood for their sound, seemed too "math" and cold for my liking, but I guess bands like Haken and Leprous opened up my taste for more technical music, and now listening to "Sonder" album for the first time I can say that I like it very much :) I appreciate the production also, it sounds clean and dynamic with excellent layering although there's a lot going on when the tracks get busy and that "wall of sound" is in full effect.

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #1,930 of 4,456
Oct 17, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #1,931 of 4,456
Thanks. I see i have about 30 Ozric Tentacles albums to enjoy and discover!

They are a very prolific English Progressive Rock band with a "chic" on Bass.
Im pretty certain that Trent Reznor (NIN) developed his excellent song "Copy of a Copy" from this song you are enjoying.
Everyone (musicians - artists) steal from everyone else, as this is how new art arrives to us.
Manipulating the preexisting is how everything is made "new".
Nothing new under the sun except a different date on a calendar.
I started my OZ quest with "Pungent Effulgent" and "Paper Monkeys".
The song you are into is from their album ...."Waterfall Cities".
Dig in deep, Oz is a cool Prog Rock band... have fun.....:)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #1,932 of 4,456
New Vola Album 'Applause Of A Distant Crowd' is out and it's great. It's got elements of Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal and good old Pop. I think it's a step up from 'Inmazes' albeit a small one and it's very reminiscent of 'Arcane' to my ageing ears :older_man: :-

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #1,933 of 4,456
First single from UMÆ's upcoming debut album, "Lost in the View".
Featuring vocals by John Wesley (Porcupine Tree) and bass by Conner Green (Haken)

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,934 of 4,456
Ozric Tentacles

Album : Technicians Of The Sacred

Here are 2 Trx.

The way i try to explain this Band to those who are unfamiliar........"If Pink Floyd had written their music after taking Crystal Meth, vs, taking ACID and HEROIN".......then you'd get Ozric Tentacles.
Also, keep i mind, as you listen, that this is a Real Band that is playing.

-
-
-

-
-
-

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,935 of 4,456
New Vola Album 'Applause Of A Distant Crowd' is out and it's great. It's got elements of Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal and good old Pop. I think it's a step up from 'Inmazes' albeit a small one and it's very reminiscent of 'Arcane' to my ageing ears :older_man: :-

Whaler , second to last track, is incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back