Professional vs Home: Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro vs Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Jul 15, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #256 of 381
If you are interested in buying from Audio-GD, just send them an email to this address.

audio-gd@vip.163.com

Just let them know what unit you are interested in, and email them your name, phone number, and home address. Usually, within just a couple hours, they will email you back with a response which will provide you total cost for that unit, including shipping to you. Audio-GD makes excellent products. I have been amazed with the amp, and I don't think it can be easily beat for its price.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #257 of 381
I am not a T1 owner, and I have never heard it paired with my equipment. You will need to find someone who owns the T1 to give you an appropriate assessment of the headphone. I have heard the T1 V2 only once before. It is an amazing headphone, and it does have a wider soundstage than the Amrion Home. Again though, if you upgrade your DAC and AMP, you will get improvements with the Amiron Home. The Amiron Home is definitely not lacking in soundstage. It is already an excellent headphone in regards to imaging, as well as soundstage width and depth. Because the Amiron is a bit warm in its sound signature, it pairs the best with neutral sounding equipment. If you pair it with warm DACs and AMPs, you may find the bass to become too forward. You would notice a big improvement with the Amiron if you paired it with the DAC and AMP that I use. Both of those units are very neutral in their signature. They allow you to get the most possible out of the Amiron. In terms of power, the headphone amp has plenty. On low gain, the volume goes from 0-100. On high gain, it goes from 0-63. On high gain, the Amiron is nice and loud at about 28 on the volume.
agreed...amiron has great soundstage but my darkvoice makes it more intimate sounding which is good for some genres...actually i always wondered that whether i would be wow'ed by a superior spacious performing headphone....so i was excited to try the t1...i can get it for 600 usd with free 1day shipping !!! and i after some crap gst stuff hp prices have got up significantly...the hd800 is almost double the price of the t1 so i was looking to try it bt unfortunately there is no way for me to audition either one of them

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #258 of 381
Audio-GD also sells a balanced version of the C-2, which is called the NFB1. The C-2 and NFB1 are the same amp, except the C-2 is single ended, and the NFB1 is balanced. There is one thing to be aware of though. Both amps have an XLR connection. However, with the C-2 being a single ended amp, it allows the full power output out of the 1/4 inch jack, and also the XLR jack. The NFB1, being a balanced amp, only allows the full power output out of the XLR jack. If you buy the NFB1, and use the 1/4 inch jack, you will only get half the power output of the amp. It requires use of the XLR jack to get the full power output. I have no interest in balanced, so I just bought the C-2 instead. The XLR connection on the C-2 is essentially just there for convenience if you end up buying a headphone with the balanced connections. You get the full power output on it, no matter what connection you use.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1AMP/NFB1AMPEN.htm
thank you for sharing this great little piece of info...i checked out both when u had first sent me that link bt it was slightly confusing to distinguish one from another bcoz both of them looked quite similar

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #259 of 381
I have a feeling that you will find that if you buy the T1, you will immediately want to upgrade your AMP and DAC. I could be wrong though. That is a great price for the T1. Is that new or used ?

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #260 of 381
If you are interested in buying from Audio-GD, just send them an email to this address.

audio-gd@vip.163.com

Just let them know what unit you are interested in, and email them your name, phone number, and home address. Usually, within just a couple hours, they will email you back with a response which will provide you total cost for that unit, including shipping to you. Audio-GD makes excellent products. I have been amazed with the amp, and I don't think it can be easily beat for its price.
cool

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #262 of 381
I concur. Though I've no experience based knowledge of the gear recommended by DW75 I can say with confidence that you'd be better served upgrading your DAC and headphone amp vs. buying another headphone. The Amiron Home is capable of delivering a spacious soundstage and, as already mentioned, it scales well with source component upgrades. Put another way, any sonic limitation from any component in the signal chain cannot be alleviated with an upgrade in headphones - not, at least, in any significant way. A new headphone (HD800, beyer T1, etc) may well end up being more of an expensive side-grade than a perceivable upgrade, while well-chosen upgrades in your signal chain may well improve the soundstage presented in your Amiron Home to a point where it satisfies the desire for a larger soundstage, and will provide a more capable system to drive future headphone upgrades.

All of this is subjective, of course, and entirely dependent upon the listeners ears and perception. YMMV :)

Edit to add: Lots more information provided by DW75 while I was typing. My typing is nothing to write home about. :D
very well said...both darkvoice and fiio a5 are very dark and intimate sounding amps...so getting this new amp may provide me with the additional spaciousness which is not getting revealed otherwise....anyways never gonna get the hd800 or the t1 as an upgrade bcoz its not by any means but both are spectacular hps imo but amiron home is my endgame hp...coz i prefer dark sounding hps...cannot tolerate bright headphones for longer sessions tbh...i enjoy them thoroughly bt after 2-3 songs my ears pain and i have to either lower the volume to a great deal or take a break...almost a fatiguing experience...so i i just wanna have one in my inventory as a gaming hp and something which i may use for some special situations...i listen to mainly vocal oriented music so amiron is the best choice for me

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #264 of 381
Just be reasonable with the volume. It is easily potent enough that you can do hearing damage. The Amiron is plenty loud at 28 on the dial using high gain. You may like it even louder, but I can't imagine going much beyond 30 on new albums. Also, make sure to use a decent quality pair of RCA cables. The amp is sensitive to poor quality generic standard 3 dollar cables. If you use those, you will hear noise. It is a high quality amp, so it shows you everything there in the signal. With a decent quality set of cables, the amp is dead silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back