Professional vs Home: Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro vs Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Jul 16, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #275 of 381
I don't know, as I have not heard their amps before. The only experience I have with burson audio is with the V6 Vivid opamps that I have in my Creative ZXR sound card.
Anyways I'm gonna go with audio gd amp u stated bcoz the power to 300 and 600 ohms is obviously better than the burson and it's going to be more effective in the long run...as a beyer fan I always to try their flagship 600ohm versions...I've always heard that the 600ohm version s are somewhat 'Special' and audio gd amp will drive it without any issue s

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #276 of 381
I have a couple friends who also into headphones. They have all been blown away with the sound quality and driving power of this headphone amp when they came over and connected their headphones to it. One of them owns a DT 880 Premium 600 Ohm, and an HD 600.

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #277 of 381
I have a couple friends who also into headphones. They have all been blown away with the sound quality and driving power of this headphone amp when they came over and connected their headphones to it. One of them owns a DT 880 Premium 600 Ohm, and an HD 600.
I was immediately convinced right when I saw u state the power ratings for different impedances...also compared it with the burson amp but the nfb blows it away...normally I listen on the dv336se but I always wanted to get a proper ss desktop amp which could adequately power anything from 32-600ohm, actually I no longer pay interest to hps having impedances lower than 100...after i'd learned that fidelity is directly proportional to impedance.. also tbh Sennheiser and beyer amplifiers are way more expensive....

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #278 of 381
Be aware that with the NFB1, you will need to use the balanced headphone connection to get the full power output. If you use the 1/4 inch headphone jack, it will only provide half the power output. The C-2 will give you full power with either the balanced or 1/4 inch headphone jack.

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #279 of 381
Be aware that with the NFB1, you will need to use the balanced headphone connection to get the full power output. If you use the 1/4 inch headphone jack, it will only provide half the power output. The C-2 will give you full power with either the balanced or 1/4 inch headphone jack.
Naah I'm gonna go with the c2 coz balanced xlr cables are extremely costly... Sennheiser balanced xlr cables are more than a hd600/6xx... isn't it ridiculous ??

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #280 of 381
I have no interest in balanced. I think it is a complete waste of money. That is just my opinion though. You are in for a big surprise with the upgrade. The C-2 is a very neutral amp. It has a very different sound from the dark voice. You will hear all kinds of details with your Amiron that you have been missing.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #281 of 381
I have no interest in balanced. I think it is a complete waste of money. That is just my opinion though. You are in for a big surprise with the upgrade. The C-2 is a very neutral amp. It has a very different sound from the dark voice. You will hear all kinds of details with your Amiron that you have been missing.
Ohh please don't tempt me in this manner...my fingers are getting really itchy now...I have mailed them already... sadly they said they wouldn't be able to provide any additional discount but will lower the invoice value which is a great thing though... actually my mom is very angry and she thinks I spend too much on hps...coz I already have quite a few cans...so actually trying to convince her though she'll never agree happily...lol

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #282 of 381
For my setup, I just don't see the point in buying anything else. The M8A DAC, the C-2 amp, and the Amiron headphone really offer the total package. The synergy with this setup is excellent. This is a high quality setup, and I just don't see any need to look further for anything else. I think spending 4000 dollars on a headphone is outrageous. Looking at the audio market, I see way more value in a 3000-4000 dollar pair of speakers than a 3000-4000 dollar pair of headphones. These headphone companies are completely ripping people off.

The C-2 is a very high quality headphone amplifier. You should be totally satisfied with it. I have no intention on ever selling mine.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #283 of 381
For my setup, I just don't see the point in buying anything else. The M8A DAC, the C-2 amp, and the Amiron headphone really offer the total package. The synergy with this setup is excellent. This is a high quality setup, and I just don't see any need to look further for anything else. I think spending 4000 dollars on a headphone is outrageous. Looking at the audio market, I see way more value in a 3000-4000 dollar pair of speakers than a 3000-4000 dollar pair of headphones. These headphone companies are completely ripping people off.

The C-2 is a very high quality headphone amplifier. You should be totally satisfied with it. I have no intention on ever selling mine.
Yes...$3000 lcds and Hifiman are absolute garbage if u actually measure how much of an improvement they actually are and are always compared to HD 600 series which were launched in 2000 !!...same goes with the hd 800 another junk...hd 600-650 are truly legendary hps but all the new gen senns suck...they spend quality time in making wireless hps now....the 600 series is actually overlooked now....once u go to the $500 mark the difference with the $1k+ hps are subtle yet the price tag is 3-4 times bigger and not even a proper side grade imo. A good friend of mine suggested me the amirons'...he was literally shocked with the 2nd gen beyers... especially the dt 1990 and amirons(both of them sound clearly better than the t1, though it has more detail retrieval)...two new gems which beat anything with $1500 mark... especially with more longevity and beyerdynamic quality and after sales service is out of the world imo. Beyers always had good freq response across the board bt their only issue was the treble being slightly harsh in some cases but with the new gen2 drivers they have rectified all the flaws

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #284 of 381

Yeah ...it's gonna be my end game setup, bcoz the the power ratings are tremendous for that given price and would drive most high impedance hps...coz in future I'm gonna get the t1 for gaming purposes bt never gonna replace my amiron or my HD 600 for the t1, there are some tracks for which I always reach out for the HD 600 for it's incredibly natural foroward mid-range...t1/hd800 can NEVER beat it in that department... I'm actually quite amazed how good amiron's mid-range actually is...coz my albums have vocal oriented (jazz) tracks mostly and the quality of the mid-range is so damn good...like a HD 650...timbre is so good and realistic ....

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #285 of 381
Yeah ...it's gonna be my end game setup, bcoz the the power ratings are tremendous for that given price and would drive most high impedance hps...coz in future I'm gonna get the t1 for gaming purposes bt never gonna replace my amiron or my HD 600 for the t1, there are some tracks for which I always reach out for the HD 600 for it's incredibly natural foroward mid-range...t1/hd800 can NEVER beat it in that department... I'm actually quite amazed how good amiron's mid-range actually is...coz my albums have vocal oriented (jazz) tracks mostly and the quality of the mid-range is so damn good...like a HD 650...timbre is so good and realistic ....

Honestly I've had the T1.2, two different ones, one was too bright, but I also had a T1.2 Black and honeslty wasn't bright at all, darker than the Amiron with a forward midrange like the HD 600/650. Between the Amiron and T1.2 Black I had, I would say the T1.2 Black was slightly better but also a bit more system dependent due to it's impedance and it's ability to scale a bit more than the Amiron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back