Probably the biggest mod ever done to... Part 2: Beyers DT 770 (Woodies, detachable cable, leather headband, minor tweaks).
Jun 21, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #31 of 38
soooo beautiful. i want the headband (purely because i cant have the wood
tongue.gif
) any idea if there is a tutorial to make them, i need some for a few other headphones. It would be soo good on a grado.

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #33 of 38
Really nice mod!!! Hopefully I will try this mod myself in the future. Not sure of how the inside of the cup must be done, any advice?
wink.gif

Can I ask where did you get the pads for that pair you have for sale (an absolute bargain, btw)?

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #36 of 38
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could comment on using the RCA connectors for detachable cables. I want to do a similar mod to my DT770 (without the woody though =P ) and was looking at the detachable connectors at moon audio. The RCA cables are much cheaper than their dedicated headphone ones but I was wondering if sound quality would be the same for either connector.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #37 of 38
I might be kicking a old topic but I stumbled across a rca bus wich I had to share,

Its a neutrik RCA (NYS 367-0) wich isnt mentioned on the neutrik site ! Taking a look at it tells me this would fit tight and clean in a headphone
biggrin.gif
! (I know the ground is in the "grommet" but if that thing is stretchy it would fit snuggly)

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #38 of 38
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I'm thinking of woodying my 770's and was wondering-how did you fix the wood to the plastic part of the cup? Did you dremel the end of the plastic cups off and slide the wood on there or is it covering the original cups entirely? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back