Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #227 of 446
Oh hi Tyll! *fanboying starts* :D

good to know you will be reviewing the XL. Is the Urbanite on ear good enough to be on the wall of fame?

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #228 of 446
Oh hi Tyll! *fanboying starts* :D

good to know you will be reviewing the XL. Is the Urbanite on ear good enough to be on the wall of fame?

It's already on the Wall.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #230 of 446
@SpiderNahn, the urbanite is not on the wall yet.

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #231 of 446
Maybe not on the actual page, but he said it will replace the Momentum On-Ear.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #233 of 446
how many of u people have watched the advert videos on sennheiser's urbanite micro site? They are so hilarious and creative in their depiction of how the urbanite 'loves ur ears'. One of the best marketing campaigns i have seen so far.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #235 of 446
+1 i agree. If i manage to sell one of my older sound systems this year then i will have enough money for the XL. Some people dont really like the design, but i find that it has a kind of understated elegance, especially in the XL.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #236 of 446

But the treble?

I have given the Urbanite On Ear about 2 hours of ear time and I find them pleasant if a bit unengaging. The bass control and detail is better than the V-MODA XS, but the treble is so recessed that it makes female vocals lose that sight nasally tone I enjoy. I'll have to listen some more to give an appropriate review, but these will not be my go to portable on ear.

The headband sits strangely on my noggin and slips off if I tilt my head up or down. I do not experience this with any of my other headphones. They do have great isolation, though. Much more than the XS and even better than the over ear M-100. Maybe some break in will help with the fit.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #237 of 446
a lot of reviewers seem to miss using bright female vocals to test for treble roll off. as a reviewer myself, female vocals have helped me countless times to easily judge treble for sibilance or recessed-ness during the initial 10mins of listening.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #238 of 446
a lot of reviewers seem to miss using bright female vocals to test for treble roll off. as a reviewer myself, female vocals have helped me countless times to easily judge treble for sibilance or recessed-ness during the initial 10mins of listening.

uh female vocals are centered in the upper mids, not the treble

if you wanna test for treble, use cymbals, violin, harpsichord, guitar, etc

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #239 of 446
i sorta take the really bright ones as in the treble. violins an harpsichords test the upper range of the treble, the vocals more for lower treble.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #240 of 446
i sorta take the really bright ones as in the treble. violins an harpsichords test the upper range of the treble, the vocals more for lower treble.

the only lower treble content the human voice has are consonants and sibilance, and male voices have that too

the actual tone is in the midrange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back