Pre-order beats pro
Oct 19, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #31 of 47
I think it's a matter of taste, lot of people think Megan Fox is ugly too.
Besides, looks sell, what's so practical about a Louis Vuitton or Chanel bag? They are no more practical than any other handbags, but they sell like hot cakes and cost tens of thousand $.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #32 of 47
i haven't gotten them yet either; amazon still just says pre-order.  glad to see they're not totally mythical.  may stop by best buy to check them out if i get a chance.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #33 of 47
I could see a Wrapper wanting these to mix there music, because we all know wrap only comes in 128 KB AAC format right?

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #35 of 47
Nov 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #37 of 47
i found a pretty good review on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgnTksq7gw
that guy seemed to know a good amount about headphones and audio but i don't know, the beats studios used to be his best headphones.

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #39 of 47

Quote:
i found a pretty good review on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgnTksq7gw
that guy seemed to know a good amount about headphones and audio but i don't know, the beats studios used to be his best headphones.

thanks for the link.  (although, i didn't hear him say the studios used to be his best headphones - he sounded reasonably critical of the studios).

guess i'll keep my preorder alive even though i just got an email from amazon that it will ship in 1 - 2 months.

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #40 of 47

Quote:
thanks for the link.  (although, i didn't hear him say the studios used to be his best headphones - he sounded reasonably critical of the studios).

guess i'll keep my preorder alive even though i just got an email from amazon that it will ship in 1 - 2 months.

yeah, he did sound critical about the studios. He made a video awhile back, maybe a year ago about the beats being his best headphone but i guess it has changed.

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #41 of 47

Quote:
yeah, he did sound critical about the studios. He made a video awhile back, maybe a year ago about the beats being his best headphone but i guess it has changed.

He did say he uses a Sennheiser and an Audio Technica mostly.  I have a guess as to which it might be.  
wink_face.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #42 of 47
Saw these at Best Buy on display today and I was surprised how well built and solid they looked. They felt so heavy it'd probably feel like i'm carrying a brick on my head.

Maybe the build quality isn't as good as they looked, but maybe now nobody can no longer complain about that.

Maybe Monster really listened to any criticism and made a very good headphone this time. I still have issues with buying Monster stuff. It has nothing to do with the price though.

Wouldn't mind a ton of bass, as long as the mids are clear and forward, but it usually never works out that way.

I hope to see some reviews of them and possibly buy a pair for my grandmother.

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #44 of 47
I just got mine today! I'm pretty happy with em so far. Audio gold compared to skullcandy headphones (don't kill me! I know they're crap). Bass is booming, yet everything isn't muddy. Everything sounds separate and clean. Cymbals clear, guitars and vocals pop (noticing things I haven't noticed before in some recordings). They are kind of weighty, and I've got big ears so it's kind of uncomfortable, but I've yet to find and try any pair that is comfortable. They cancel out a good deal of noise. I'm able to play drums with them without the use of earplugs. Yet, when playing along with symphony recordings (I'm a classical double bassists as well), I'm able to still hear my bass. I'm happy with em! $265 bucks (290 when shipping and tax were said and done) isn't bad. Plus, they're build like a tank...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back