Pre-order beats pro
Sep 14, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #17 of 47
Woah, they cost that much?
I dunno about you, but I would've got headphones that are already known to be good at that price range.
That way, you wouldn't be disappointed (if it does turn out to be complete crap).

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 47
well, price went up to the msrp at amazon.  and looking around, found a couple of vendors that have posted that the Beats pro will be released October 2010 although, amazon hasn't updated as of yet.  so, hopefully, soon.

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #21 of 47
I believe price increase creates unease in the consumer, making them think that it will rise again so it's better to buy quick. Raising and maintaining high prices also can help something average or sub-par keep a premium product reputation, because of the premium price.

The Bose QC15 is $300, so if a consumer thinks that is 'the best' now the Monster product will be, because surely something that is $450 is better, right? Personally, I don't think so, and appreciate that the bass on my PortaPro extends further that the Beats Studio. I'll save my strong distaste for the Turbines and Solo for another time... One thing to be aware of though is that the $150 Solo was rated worse than the iBuds in Consumer Reports a few months ago.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #22 of 47
Best Buy has them for preorder...I canceled my order with Amazon so I can try them first. I'll pick up a pair from Best Buy, whenever they get them in the store and if I like them, I'll wait until Amazon puts the price down to $200 something because I just can't live with spending big cash on headphones lolz. Reasonable for me would be $400 TOPS. Quality can only go so far with headphones.

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #23 of 47
ah, thanks for the heads up from bestbuy - their estimated delivery is for mid october.  yeah, let me know how they sound once you get them.  i'll wait to open mine before i hear some impressions from others.

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #27 of 47
I checked them out at a local best buy a few days ago, one of the employees had a set around his neck and I asked him if I could try em out.  Take everything I say with a grain of salt because I'm still relatively new at this but it didn't seem like anything special, I have a pair of M-Audio Q40s and as far as I could tell from memory the Q40s blow the Beats Pros out of the water.  The bass was strong and didn't bleed into the mids (although I did only listen for a few minutes) but it didn't seem like $300+ worth of audio quality.  Build quality was top notch though. 
On a side note (since people interested in the Pros would probably also be interested in these) I also just ordered a pair of the V-moda Crossfades, tried em out at the apple store and they were built like tanks and sounded pretty nice to my ears, I personally prefer the Crossfades to the Pros in every aspect.

Also there's a "review" on youtube of the Pros already but the reviewer doesn't seem to really know what she's talking about, but the cans are quite nice looking, if you wanna just ogle them for now, just search for monster beats pro review.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #28 of 47

Quote:
There are much better headphones for a lot cheaper. Simple as that. Judging by the originals, the jump in quality would have to be megasuperlargemassive to justify the price tag for these things.

I concur sir I concur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back