Pre-order beats pro
Aug 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 47
I placed an order for a pair last week just in case they turn out to be amazing! I think they'll put the price back up when they're released, so you best bet to grab one now while they're $265. They look very promising though...I don't doubt Monster at all. Hopefully, they turn out to be much better than Beats By Dre.

Sep 13, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 47
i went ahead and preordered them.  but, i can't seem to pin down an exact release date.  closest i see is Sept. 30 on some British site - no idea where they got that date from.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #6 of 47
Quote:
Thanks stk. I was just wondering if any of you think its worth it? I am in high school and these would look good as the studio's but they also will sound better.

That's highly speculative talk right there.We don't really know wow they will sound until we get them. Not to mention the original beats aren't worth their price at all.

You can honestly get better headphones for much cheaper. If you buy for looks then your wasting money, plain and simple.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 47
Quote:
There are much better headphones for a lot cheaper. Simple as that. Judging by the originals, the jump in quality would have to be megasuperlargemassive to justify the price tag for these things.

Funny thing this was said by the guy with AD900s in his avatar. ;D

Always thought the small jump you make from the AD700 to the 900 never justified the price I'd rather save a bit more for the AD2000's.

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #9 of 47
Small jump? Glad I don't have your ears 
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #10 of 47
Quote:
Small jump? Glad I don't have your ears 
tongue.gif

Didn't get to use them to long, maybe 15mins. Didn't noticed to much difference. Especially not more then more 3times the price worth. Then again 15minutes is hardly enough time to make a definitive judgement.

And Small jump is not what I meant, it was better and it is in no way a bad headphone. But much like the beats I just couldn't justify that price. Maybe it was the source but my ears have never really been one for the AD's anyway, so it's possible it was just prejudice on my part.

I do acknowledge them for being decent especially in their more specialized uses. I'm just more of a colour junkie, and eventually if I listen to a genre I'm gonna have a headphone that colours nicely to that genre. AD700/900's just don't do that for me.

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #11 of 47
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses
tongue.gif
Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #12 of 47
Quote:
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses
tongue.gif
Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.

Yeah because it's a 50% increase in price, here is over 300% increase. I'd say it was worth it of those were t he prices here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back