Praises for beyerdynamic!
Aug 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Spillages

Head-Fier
I'm sure we can all agree that beyerdynamic makes some great products, but how many of you have had products fail for whatever reason?

I recently sent in a set of dt990 pro 250 because something didn't sound quite right to me after owning them for about 18 months. Others that i had listen to the issue said everything sounded fine to them. To me it was especially noticeable in the left ear cup and at lower frequencies so I sent them in. I also left a note that I'd like to purchase new pads because the old were worn out. I use these on average 10+ hours per day, so they definitely get their use. I asked them to give me a call for a quote before repairing.They received them on the 14th according to ups. Today is the 20th and I have them back already. I did not receive a call, but all repairs were done without charge and in a timely manner. +1 for beyerdynamics!

Wow do these things sound amazing after getting them back. Never realized how tired they sounded before I sent them in. Night and day difference to me. Everything is nice and crisp again, bass sound very tight and clean again.

Feel free to share your experiences. I know I am just ecstatic over this.

Now any suggestions what I may do to keep them running strong? Or do they just get old over time?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 9
I bought the beyer t5p which broke in 2 months because of a huge design flaw in the case. I send it in and it takes them over a month to send it back to me.

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 9
I had two Beyer phones that ceased to function within 3 months of purchase:

1) Beyer DT150 - got a repair as I brought from a local authorised dealer

2) Beyer DT250 - no repair as I brought from a internet dealer (Juno Records in the UK). Dropped Beyer twice email for return for repair works with no replies.

It has been mentioned by another Head-fi members that he has to exchange his DT250 twice to get a good pair. The experience kind of makes me a little weary of Beyer phones in the future.

Aug 21, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 9
I can call myself a fan of the Beyerdynamic sound.  My headphone has yet to quit on me for whatever reason, but I do need new foam pads as mine are worn at the moment. My only issue with my headphone is that I feel the previous owner from where the headphone was purchased, did not entirely treat it well as I discovered a hole in the dampening paper of both drivers. I'm not sure if it is the source of the buzz I hear sometimes when listening to bass heavy music. It still really is disheartening and I've meant to send it in as soon as possible.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 9
Based on what I've heard from this website alone, beyerdynamic has some horrible quality control issues. Personally, I went through 2 pairs of DT770 Pro-80s that both had rattling in the left earcup from low frequencies, and in both cases I sent them back to Beyer to get them fixed and they did nothing. I still have the 2nd pair which also suffers from weaker bass on the right versus the left. I keep them around for watching TV and gaming; they're OK for those purposes, not so much for music. beyerdynamic is the Mercedes-Benz of headphones: solid build and good all-around performance, but unacceptably unreliable, especially for the price.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
 beyerdynamic is the Mercedes-Benz of headphones: solid build and good all-around performance, but unacceptably unreliable, especially for the price.

X2

I swear I did not drop my two Beyer phones that went into problem. My Sony MDR7506 is approaching the 10th anniversary and working well. The two Beyers failed me in two months.

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 9
I actually own a Beyer T90 for a good 10 months now, and it had never failed me since then... In my opinion Beyer's product are very decent, partly due to my preference for German and Japanese headphones :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 9
My T1's developed a problem roughly a year in.  I thought it was a driver failure at first, but it was really just the cable.  Moving the cable at a certain point (about halfway down the y-split) caused the left or right driver to cut out.  Pulling the cable straight removed this problem.  Either way, annoying to have to recable a headphone like that.  If only it had a removable cable....

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #9 of 9
  My T1's developed a problem roughly a year in.  I thought it was a driver failure at first, but it was really just the cable.  Moving the cable at a certain point (about halfway down the y-split) caused the left or right driver to cut out.  Pulling the cable straight removed this problem.  Either way, annoying to have to recable a headphone like that.  If only it had a removable cable....

I'm currently having that problem with my T1's. I loved them for a few years now, given them a lot of use, but now the right driver keeps cutting out. I took them in to where I purchased them to get them repaired, and they are saying I need a new driver :frowning2: Worse, Beyer is not responding to their e-mails requesting the price-- it's been over a month now. Very frustrating. I love the T1's (for classical primarily), but am fed up with this situation. Makes me almost ready to jump ship over to the Sennheiser side (oh no!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back