Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #152 of 337
Out of curiosity, is anyone using Apple's built-in EQ with the Powerbeats Pro? I started using them with Apple's flat EQ at the gym the other night and first impressions felt like an improvement for music listening.

Funnily enough, the Flat EQ is a relic of iTunes. It doesn’t adjust the EQ at all. (It’s the same as having the EQ off.) Not sure why it’s still included in iOS.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #153 of 337
I can tell you with certainty that it has an impact on the pairing of my iPhone X and the Powerbeats Pro, because most of the settings sounded terrible. :)

Edit: I think I misread your comment originally. The Flat vs Off seems to make a difference to my ears. I'm sensitive to low-end impact, and I'm noticing it less with the Flat EQ vs just having the EQ off.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #154 of 337
I can tell you with certainty that it has an impact on the pairing of my iPhone X and the Powerbeats Pro, because most of the settings sounded terrible. :)

Edit: I think I misread your comment originally. The Flat vs Off seems to make a difference to my ears. I'm sensitive to low-end impact, and I'm noticing it less with the Flat EQ vs just having the EQ off.

It shouldn’t. Flat EQ serves no purpose. In the past enabling it would allow users to use EQ presets they’ve saved to songs in their library.

Switching it on now does exactly nothing.

iTunes-Equalizer-56a67ed35f9b58b7d0e33fba.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #155 of 337
Just got these a few days ago. I want to love them. but they just don't fit my ears well and start to hurt after 10 minutes. I don't think its the tips either. Anyone else getting pain in surrounding ear on these?

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #156 of 337
Just got these a few days ago. I want to love them. but they just don't fit my ears well and start to hurt after 10 minutes. I don't think its the tips either. Anyone else getting pain in surrounding ear on these?

You may need to adjust the ear hangers to comfortably fit your ears. They are very bendable and hold their shape once bent.

Also, I had to do a lot of tip-rolling to find a comfortable fit. Ended up with SpinFit CP 240s double flange. Sound great and feel comfortable to my ears.

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #157 of 337
You may need to adjust the ear hangers to comfortably fit your ears. They are very bendable and hold their shape once bent.

Also, I had to do a lot of tip-rolling to find a comfortable fit. Ended up with SpinFit CP 240s double flange. Sound great and feel comfortable to my ears.

I feel like I may need a tip that pushes the rounded main part of the earphone away from my ear to get these to work for me.

Jul 12, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #158 of 337
I feel like I may need a tip that pushes the rounded main part of the earphone away from my ear to get these to work for me.

Took me about two weeks of experimenting to find the tips and hanger positions that work best. Now they are comfortable for hours and sound really great. They are also terrific for phone calls as well. Good luck!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #159 of 337
Took me about two weeks of experimenting to find the tips and hanger positions that work best. Now they are comfortable for hours and sound really great. They are also terrific for phone calls as well. Good luck!

Thanks, ill stick with them for a bit and keep tip rolling. The spin fits might just be the ticket.

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #160 of 337
The final audio tips have been the best fit for me.

Jul 13, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #161 of 337

I know exactly what you mean, it’s the round bit that the nozzle where the tips go that hurts the lower part of your ear. I was like that at first. It’s stopped hurting now though.

I got the same pain the first time I moved to moulded custom tips with my shures. It kinda feels like your ear is bruised. I think it’s just getting used to a pressure on a part of your ear that you haven’t had before.

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #163 of 337
I know exactly what you mean, it’s the round bit that the nozzle where the tips go that hurts the lower part of your ear. I was like that at first. It’s stopped hurting now though.

I got the same pain the first time I moved to moulded custom tips with my shures. It kinda feels like your ear is bruised. I think it’s just getting used to a pressure on a part of your ear that you haven’t had before.

Thats it! Ill stick with them and hopefully i get used to it. Thanks

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #164 of 337
Was able to pick these up today, had Best Buy price match staples price of $247 (Canadian dollars)
Well Best Buy made a mistake and double charged me, I went back to dispute and got another $40 for the inconvenience!! Super cheap by Canadian standards as they’re usually $329 + tax

First impressions are really good, love the secure fit. Haven’t had much time to listen yet but they sound pretty good with some hip hop I’ve been playing. Excited to try more genres.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #165 of 337
It shouldn’t. Flat EQ serves no purpose. In the past enabling it would allow users to use EQ presets they’ve saved to songs in their library.

Switching it on now does exactly nothing.

iTunes-Equalizer-56a67ed35f9b58b7d0e33fba.jpg
Flat is for matching the preamp level so you can compare with other presets at the same volume. If you switch off the whole EQ, the preamp attenuation would be disabled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back