Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
Jun 29, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #136 of 337
I was thinking of getting a pair of the powerbeats pro but was curious how the sub-bass is? Do they fair well with deep bass?
Going by the graphs, it's there at SE846 levels but you'll only hear it in quiet environments due to there being no low frequency isolation.

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #137 of 337
You need to find silicon tips or be prepared to pay and change tips every 3-4 months since they are foam and do not expand properly in the ear after a certain period of time, as well as losing their elasticity.

So far the Comply is holding up well and looks like will last longer since it has a protective coat to handle the sweat but I agree silicon tips would be better if I can get one that maintains the seal through my workouts. I will try some of the suggestions here once I exhaust my Comply tips (maybe in a year).

There is no reason for someone to buy the non isolating Powerbeats instead of Jabra.

There is a very simple and practical reason to select the Powerbeats over the Jabra: the Powerbeats don't fall out of my ears. I tried the Jabra Elites and they fell out of my ears very easily even with a light bench workout. Also, I found the Jabras sealed and dug into my ear canal a bit too much making them uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #138 of 337
So far the Comply is holding up well and looks like will last longer since it has a protective coat to handle the sweat but I agree silicon tips would be better if I can get one that maintains the seal through my workouts. I will try some of the suggestions here once I exhaust my Comply tips (maybe in a year).

There is a very simple and practical reason to select the Powerbeats over the Jabra: the Powerbeats don't fall out of my ears. I tried the Jabra Elites and they fell out of my ears very easily even with a light bench workout. Also, I found the Jabras sealed and dug into my ear canal a bit too much making them uncomfortable.

Comply themselves write clearly on their site and instructions manual that you need to change their tips latest after 4 months of use! If they say it by themselves who are we to disagree??

Jabra do not fall out of my ears after any kind of move! Actually they are the most stuck iems ever, even more so than my Shure!! It’s a matter of ear structure! Normal shaped ears have no problem with these iems! Cheers.

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #139 of 337
Comply themselves write clearly on their site and instructions manual that you need to change their tips latest after 4 months of use! If they say it by themselves who are we to disagree??

Jabra do not fall out of my ears after any kind of move! Actually they are the most stuck iems ever, even more so than my Shure!! It’s a matter of ear structure! Normal shaped ears have no problem with these iems! Cheers.

I have three pairs of Comply tips. 3 x 4 months = 12 months = 1 year.

I and a few others around here must have abnormal ears then. Such is life.

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #140 of 337
I have three pairs of Comply tips. 3 x 4 months = 12 months = 1 year.

I and a few others around here must have abnormal ears then. Such is life.

True, if you buy Comply pairs like bread, you are good to go! Seems that these Apple products are so economical indeed, as well as good functioning!

Yes for the ears that lose Jabra, I also recommend the Beats hanger pro! Cheers.

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #141 of 337
I have now had the PowerBeats Pros for about two weeks. They really fit one profile very well - users who:

1) need ear-hangers to keep their earbuds in their ears, due to rigorous exercise or non-standard ear conformation which cause most earbuds to fall out
2) do not need or want a high degree of isolation, due to a need for situational awareness and/or avoidance of footfall sound transmission
3) are satisfied with a better sound than AirPods, but less than audiophile IEMs
4) can put up with a large charging case that does not fit into a pocket
5) need or want all day battery life​

As it turns out, I fit that profile very well. I use the PBPs when I am exercising or walking, for music, podcasts and audiobooks. It works perfectly for those instances. But, when I am on a plane, I use Bose Quiet Comfort earphones. When I am seated in a quiet venue, I use Audeze LCDi4s with a Cipher cable. So each of these situations requires a different solution. For me, there is no "best" earbud for every situation. YMMV

Jun 30, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #142 of 337
I have now had the PowerBeats Pros for about two weeks. They really fit one profile very well - users who:

1) need ear-hangers to keep their earbuds in their ears, due to rigorous exercise or non-standard ear conformation which cause most earbuds to fall out
2) do not need or want a high degree of isolation, due to a need for situational awareness and/or avoidance of footfall sound transmission
3) are satisfied with a better sound than AirPods, but less than audiophile IEMs
4) can put up with a large charging case that does not fit into a pocket
5) need or want all day battery life​

As it turns out, I fit that profile very well. I use the PBPs when I am exercising or walking, for music, podcasts and audiobooks. It works perfectly for those instances. But, when I am on a plane, I use Bose Quiet Comfort earphones. When I am seated in a quiet venue, I use Audeze LCDi4s with a Cipher cable. So each of these situations requires a different solution. For me, there is no "best" earbud for every situation. YMMV

+1. Very accurate post. I would now expect the huge Apple to produce some completely wire free iems for the rest situations as well and not to leave us with just AirPods and Powerbeats!

Jun 30, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #143 of 337
+1. Very accurate post. I would now expect the huge Apple to produce some completely wire free iems for the rest situations as well and not to leave us with just AirPods and Powerbeats!
I vote for a closed back version of the airpods that are in ear with proper stems to put tips on. Throw in 8-9 hour battery life and a matte black or space grey color. I'll be in line.

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #145 of 337
The PBPs have better sound and much better battery life than the AirPods. Of course they are more expensive as well.

For me the test is “how much will I use them?” and I can report that I use them extensively every day, and I have yet to run out of battery charge.

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #146 of 337
The PBPs have better sound and much better battery life than the AirPods. Of course they are more expensive as well.

For me the test is “how much will I use them?” and I can report that I use them extensively every day, and I have yet to run out of battery charge.

I’m the same, I didn’t like them at first. I’ve never liked beats stuff, but since I got the right tips, I haven’t used my faithful se846 as these are just too convenient and they don’t sound anywhere near as bad as I expected them to when I got them.

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #147 of 337
I’m the same, I didn’t like them at first. I’ve never liked beats stuff, but since I got the right tips, I haven’t used my faithful se846 as these are just too convenient and they don’t sound anywhere near as bad as I expected them to when I got them.
How is the sub-bass compared to the SE846?

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #150 of 337
After another week of use, even though the isine10 Bluetooth sounds marginally better, the powerbeats just dominates everything a wireless portable headphone is about, to the point the minor performance in sound is negligible.

I already sold my airpods, beatsx, and if I do end up getting rid of my isine10, the powerbeats would have replaced all my wireless headphones.

I also tried the spinfit tips and found that I actually lost bass, and less seal. But the spinfit sounds more ruler flat. They are also slightly more comfortable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back