Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
Jul 16, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #166 of 337
How is the latency on these? If you rapidly type on the iOS keyboard is the audio lag noticeable?

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #167 of 337
This is exactly what I’m waiting for too! I’m currently having to hide yet another technology purchase from the wife as I know she’ll want a pair, but she will want the white ones. When I tell her that the black got released before the white, she’ll loose her ****

still no white ones? cant believe they only release black ones, and no other colors

I want people to "know" I have these on, and I like white ones as they do standout more

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #168 of 337
still no white ones? cant believe they only release black ones, and no other colors

I want people to "know" I have these on, and I like white ones as they do standout more

I hope you’re joking... Are you listening to music for the others to know or for your self to enjoy? Do you generally live for the others or for your self?

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #169 of 337
I hope you’re joking... Are you listening to music for the others to know or for your self to enjoy? Do you generally live for the others or for your self?

I mean...theres purpose in choosing what color u want right, otherwise it will be black only? beats have other headphones in all kinds of colors.
Its not like I had option of choosing different color for my hd800s lol

they will be used mostly for gyming
the white ones do standout more, they are really taking there time and only releasing black

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #170 of 337
I mean...theres purpose in choosing what color u want right, otherwise it will be black only? beats have other headphones in all kinds of colors.
Its not like I had option of choosing different color for my hd800s lol

they will be used mostly for gyming
the white ones do standout more, they are really taking there time and only releasing black

Yes of course you can choose which color YOU like. You choose for yourself to like, not for the others to see! Keep that in mind for all your life! They said from the start that more colors will be produced near the end of the year. You can wait until then to buy your standout whites...

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #171 of 337
I, like many others have different shaped ear canals...which makes universals kind of a pain unless they are deep insertion (my go to IEM Final Audio e5000). The Powerbeats fit great and don't move on my left ear, but on my right, I have to fiddle with it a bit. Not too bad, mostly when I run. For regular lifting and gym exercises they are good.

The Android app leaves a bit to be desired, but they work as intended most of the time. I have also paired them to my Galaxy Watch Active when I run w/ the gps and no phone. So they are pretty versatile. I'm a fan...tho they are definitely at least 50 bucks too expensive.

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #172 of 337
I'm on the fence between the Powerbeats Pro, the Jaybird X4, and the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless for the gym and mountain biking.
  • PBP: A little expensive but checks all the boxes. I'll probably go this route despite avoiding Beats in the past.
  • X4: I've been happy with the Jaybird X/X2/X3 (X3 fell onto the train tracks R.I.P.) but would like better sound quality and true wireless. The proprietary charging cradle sucks rocks.
  • MTW: Best sound quality, worth the price, but control issues and lack of fins make it a poor choice for intense activities.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #173 of 337
I, like many others have different shaped ear canals...which makes universals kind of a pain unless they are deep insertion (my go to IEM Final Audio e5000). The Powerbeats fit great and don't move on my left ear, but on my right, I have to fiddle with it a bit. Not too bad, mostly when I run. For regular lifting and gym exercises they are good.

The Android app leaves a bit to be desired, but they work as intended most of the time. I have also paired them to my Galaxy Watch Active when I run w/ the gps and no phone. So they are pretty versatile. I'm a fan...tho they are definitely at least 50 bucks too expensive.

Don’t give up. I have different sized ear canals, and found that some intensive tip-rolling paid great dividends. Ended up with SpinFit CP 240s. Love ‘em.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #174 of 337
Don’t give up. I have different sized ear canals, and found that some intensive tip-rolling paid great dividends. Ended up with SpinFit CP 240s. Love ‘em.

I won’t. I’ve read that the Final Audio tips work well, and that’s my IEM of choice (e5000) so I’ve got some of those laying around I’ll try when I get some time. Ironically I had a pair of those spinfits that I was using to try to get the Fiio FH5 to sit a bit deeper but it changed the sound too much so I got rid of them. Guess I’ll have to re-order. :)

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #175 of 337
Hi guys,

I know beats doesn’t have the best reputation for audio quality but that’s not my main reason for being interested in this. I want rock solid Bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone, I’ve had too many bad experiences with Bluetooth drop outs with other brands. Sony has been the only other good Bluetooth, at least for me.

I wear prescription glasses and I’m worried about the ear hooks on the Powerbeats though. I’ve had Bluetooth earphones before where the earhooks were very uncomfortable and downright painful with my glasses after prolonged wear. Anyone has experience with this on the Powerbeats?

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #176 of 337
They are pretty uncomfortable with my glasses. I have to put my contacts in to use them. They don't sit flush w the side of your head when you have glasses on since the over ear part is so thick.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #177 of 337
Hi guys,

I know beats doesn’t have the best reputation for audio quality but that’s not my main reason for being interested in this. I want rock solid Bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone, I’ve had too many bad experiences with Bluetooth drop outs with other brands. Sony has been the only other good Bluetooth, at least for me.

I wear prescription glasses and I’m worried about the ear hooks on the Powerbeats though. I’ve had Bluetooth earphones before where the earhooks were very uncomfortable and downright painful with my glasses after prolonged wear. Anyone has experience with this on the Powerbeats?

I have rock-solid BlueTooth connection to my iPhone X. Never had any problem.

I wear glasses and don’t have a problem with the ear-hangers. I take my glasses off, position the ear-hangers on my ears, and then put the glasses on again. The ear-hangers ride just outside the arms of my glasses, and are comfortable for me. It did take a bit of experimentation to make it so, but now I’m not aware of any discomfort.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #178 of 337
Hi guys,

It depends for me. My thin eyeglasses aren’t uncomfortable after a little adjustment but thicker sunglasses are troublesome.

Jul 22, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #179 of 337
I tried the SpinFits, but they didn’t quite seal right for me. Instead, I went with a set of long bore triple flanges from Amazon, which I then cut the smallest segment off of, and they fit great. The extra fraction of an inch of length really helps me get consistent seal.

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #180 of 337
Powerbeats pro finally arrived to my Apple Store! Apple has to work out the matter of global distribution of new products. If you are out of the USA or UK you need to wait for quite long time! In any case I finally got the chance to try them out and I believe I crossed myself with one more situation of fake internet info! To my ears, all these reviews mentioning that they do not create a seal and that they stay out of the ear canal, they are all false and in a way a big lie. Powerbeats pro are exceptionally light and comfortable, entering quite deep in my ear canal, providing adequate seal. I used the medium original tips as I do with all my iems. Even though they are quite bulkier, they felt much lighter and more comfortable than my Jabra Elite active 65t. Very good job of Apple in the ergonomics department! They also seem one million times more stable and deeply sealing than previous Powerbeats 3.

As for sound, I noticed a deep and impressive bass, but I couldn’t judge further due to my limited time in the Apple store.

Overall it’s a very good headphone which I will buy for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back