Post Your Photography Here #2
Jan 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #9,273 of 15,743

Quote:

I have not kept most of my work. I have thrown out almost all the photography. I had boxes and boxes of negatives and prints but I just thought I could do better and got rid of all of it. 

You threw out your negatives and prints?   

Maybe someone found them and this will happen to you.

http://www.studio360.org/blogs/studio-360-blog/2011/mar/29/photographer-vivian-maier/

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #9,274 of 15,743
Shot at f1.2.

6617731187_4b3fea3b3f_z.jpg

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #9,275 of 15,743
Quote:
Really? Your in Michigan, whats your cable provider? Ive got Charter and my Weather Channel isn't on HD... I'll double check, and record some no matter what the final verdict is.

We get it on ComCast. I can certainly imagine that the effect wouldn't be as good in standard definition - I wish they'd release the show as a DVD or Blu-ray set, though. There's four episodes that we missed because they got preempted with hurricane coverage, and now we can't find any re-runs.

Quote:
i use the 550d and sigma 50mm f1.4 and tokina 11-16mm f2.8

Hey, I just got one of those for myself this Christmas! I'm waiting until the weather is decent to really try it out (there isn't even decent snow here right now, it looks like freakin' fall).

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #9,276 of 15,743
I'll play.  The tough part is choosing only four (as per the original rules).

Soldiers at Attention

Grist Mill

Feeding Frenzy

Busy

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #9,277 of 15,743
Quote:
You threw out your negatives and prints?   

Maybe someone found them and this will happen to you.

http://www.studio360.org/blogs/studio-360-blog/2011/mar/29/photographer-vivian-maier/

Hahah, that was on 60 minutes...

Quote:
We get it on ComCast. I can certainly imagine that the effect wouldn't be as good in standard definition - I wish they'd release the show as a DVD or Blu-ray set, though. There's four episodes that we missed because they got preempted with hurricane coverage, and now we can't find any re-runs.

Hey, I just got one of those for myself this Christmas! I'm waiting until the weather is decent to really try it out (there isn't even decent snow here right now, it looks like freakin' fall).

Congrats, i confirmed it and i was unable to still get it on HD at this time. Hopefully in the next few months our TV will update and add the Weather Channel HD! If you know the episodes you missed, try YouTube as they would have those episodes in chunks and i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in HD.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #9,282 of 15,743

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #9,285 of 15,743
Quote:
Darn I missed it!  I first saw this article back in early 2011 in the NYT's.  Amazing story and not the first of its kind that I've seen

Yup, it was on how this guy found a lot of boxes in a storage unit and than did some research and sound out how she lived her life and what she did. He literally had her whole life in the storage locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back