Post Your Photography Here #2
Jan 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #9,286 of 15,758

Quote:
Yup, it was on how this guy found a lot of boxes in a storage unit and than did some research and sound out how she lived her life and what she did. He literally had her whole life in the storage locker.

Oh I know the story!  I'm very jealous too!  All those B&W negatives to process what a dream find.  Towards the end of the 70's I was considered a Master B&W printer.  I stopped because I was afraid to be exposed to all those developing chemicals particularly the Selenium I used quite often.   I'd like to supervise the master printing of all her work though.  From what I understand this guy is making B&W prints from a photo printer.  Gems like that deserve the full halide silver route and photo paper packed with silver halide not printing inks from a printer...

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #9,288 of 15,758

Quote:
Oh I know the story!  I'm very jealous too!  All those B&W negatives to process what a dream find.  Towards the end of the 70's I was considered a Master B&W printer.  I stopped because I was afraid to be exposed to all those developing chemicals particularly the Selenium I used quite often.   I'd like to supervise the master printing of all her work though.  From what I understand this guy is making B&W prints from a photo printer.  Gems like that deserve the full halide silver route and photo paper packed with silver halide not printing inks from a printer...

http://www.foundphotos.net/      Some found photos here, the photographs seem to warrant additional infinity unanswered questions.

I had a finger nail matrix issue where all my nails had ripples for about 29 years after I stopped grabbing my prints out of the solution. It has somehow gone away after living on this island for 2 years.

There are also trace heavy metal exposure tests that you can have done, telling you what levels you have internalized. I have heard about the tests.  

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #9,289 of 15,758

Quote:

http://www.foundphotos.net/      Some found photos here, the photographs seem to warrant additional infinity unanswered questions.

I had a finger nail matrix issue where all my nails had ripples for about 29 years after I stopped grabbing my prints out of the solution. It has somehow gone away after living on this island for 2 years.

There are also trace heavy metal exposure tests that you can have done, telling you what levels you have internalized. I have heard about the tests.  

I was trained never to handle wet prints without tongs so I never actually touched any developer, stop bath, fixer or selenium baths. But that fixer bath always seemed to coat my nostrils.  I could always smell it long after a printing session.  

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #9,290 of 15,758
Quote:

And remember, she was an unknow artist before this. She's no well known Picasso or Rembrandt, but you really have to know the quality of a pieces to say thats she was a good photographer or not and that takes a long time to develop. It's like when Fisher (receivers, we both know gear) wasn't very well known, until people were saying what the hell with it ill get it serviced because i want to know how good it sounds, and now people are paying thousands for those units not $20.

Quote:
Could please check some of the stuff on my dA page?
http://f-infinity.deviantart.com/

Im not sure what you mean...

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #9,291 of 15,758

Quote:
And remember, she was an unknow artist before this. She's no well known Picasso or Rembrandt, but you really have to know the quality of a pieces to say thats she was a good photographer or not and that takes a long time to develop. It's like when Fisher (receivers, we both know gear) wasn't very well known, until people were saying what the hell with it ill get it serviced because i want to know how good it sounds, and now people are paying thousands for those units not $20.

I've seen many of her images and she was a very good street photographer, probably as good as any in modern times.  Far better than many I've seen in galleries so I'm not really sure what you mean about knowing the quality of a pice.

As for Fisher receivers I'd have to hear one to make an assessment myself,  from what I have experienced almost everyone one I've seen has bought a Fisher on just desire to own one and most had never even heard one before they paid a tidy some.  I also think their value lies more so on their  vintage looks and stylings and vintage standpoint in time than actually on their sonic capabilities. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #9,292 of 15,758
Quote:
I've seen many of her images and she was a very good street photographer, probably as good as any in modern times.  Far better than many I've seen in galleries so I'm not really sure what you mean about knowing the quality of a pice.

As for Fisher receivers I'd have to hear one to make an assessment myself,  from what I have experienced almost everyone one I've seen has bought a Fisher on just desire to own one and most had never even heard one before they paid a tidy some.  I also think their value lies more so on their  vintage looks and stylings and vintage standpoint in time than actually on their sonic capabilities. 

Well like you can buy a lot of photographs on ebay, but you wont know how good he/she is unless you go to an appraisal expert and ask them about the photographer. As far as my comment on Fishers, it was just a similarity of vintage photographs.

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #9,295 of 15,758
63181860215613539084.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back