post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jul 2, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #6,181 of 6,467

Quote:
My temporary "command center" while in medical school.... had to leave all my toys at home 
angry_face.gif

If that's your temporary center, and you left 'all' your toys at home.. I'd hate to see what home looked like.....

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #6,182 of 6,467

Quote:
If that's your temporary center, and you left 'all' your toys at home.. I'd hate to see what home looked like.....

hahahahaha.... can't have toooo many distractions while in school.....  I can't find too many pics.... but here is one that i dug up.  

I just recently got in headphones.... I was mostly into computers, gaming, cars, home theatre and deal hunting..... now add another hobby thats just as expensive as the others!!!!

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #6,183 of 6,467

Quote:
hahahahaha.... can't have toooo many distractions while in school.....  I can't find too many pics.... but here is one that i dug up.  

I just recently got in headphones.... I was mostly into computers, gaming, cars, home theatre and deal hunting..... now add another hobby thats just as expensive as the others!!!!

Enough said 
redface.gif

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #6,186 of 6,467
Beautiful system! I just ordered a B-52 and an SRA stand to go with my Esoteric/Reimyo set up.

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #6,187 of 6,467
So I keep changing my gear to hone in on what type of sound I want and I keep getting closer.  Heres my best, most synergistic, rig so far.  All in my college apartment, where I have to combine a office and listening room in one.   Oh one day!!!  My rig has two parts, the first is the desktop system, (just for fun) then the main rig on the rack.  I simply plug the W1000s into whatever rig I'm using.  

What I'm looking for, or rather hearing for, is a warm, upfront sound without sacrificing resolution.  RESOLUTION must be # 1.  I am willing to sacrifice a little of the other qualities, but not resolution, which is actually where this main rig needs the most improvement.  I am hoping that a Cardas power cable, and the dollar menu mod over at Reference Audio Modifications will do the trick.

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #6,188 of 6,467

Quote:
Beautiful system! I just ordered a B-52 and an SRA stand to go with my Esoteric/Reimyo set up.

After seeing pics of your shipboard rig, I can't imagine where this new gear will go!

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #6,189 of 6,467
It's going under some serious changes. Right now we are in the shipyard and everything is boxed up. I traded in the Spectral DMC 15 for an EAR 868, and the DMA 50 for the baby Rowland amp since I can't really use my speakers for serious listening. Amps will be the B-52, EAR HP 4, and Lehman. The Esoteric transport and Reimyo Dap 999 will stay, but I am adding a Berkeley Alpha DAC. I should have some decent pictures in about a month. I will take these photos without all the crappy bungee cords and foam for bad seas so they should look better.

Jul 4, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #6,193 of 6,467

Quote:

1. spickerish would you mind sharing your wallpaper?

No problem, posted it in the biggest wallpaper thread I could find, here's a link. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/142783/show-your-wallpapers/255

Users who are viewing this thread

Back