post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #5,836 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgb113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab,

Same question for you then! What types of music do you listen to and how do you find the BM5A?

Bill

I like them quite a bit generally, although they are a little boomy in the bass where I use them, but that's probably just a location issue - I am in a corner and the speakers are only 3" from the wall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAnomaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

nice stack skylab!
smily_headphones1.gif
is that a "home office" rig or an "office office" rig? do you find that going with active monitors like the dyns was the right decision?

Well for me it worked well - the Phoenix is pretty big, and with 2 headphone amps and a 22" monitor on the desk, there wasn't a lot of additional room.

And for me "home office" = "office office"
wink.gif
- I am a "remote worker"

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #5,839 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like them quite a bit generally, although they are a little boomy in the bass where I use them, but that's probably just a location issue - I am in a corner and the speakers are only 3" from the wall.

Well for me it worked well - the Phoenix is pretty big, and with 2 headphone amps and a 22" monitor on the desk, there wasn't a lot of additional room.

And for me "home office" = "office office"
wink.gif
- I am a "remote worker"

The Auralex mopads worked wonders for me with both the BM5A and the BM6A mk.II that I used to have as my desktop speakers. They are sitting gathering dust (the mopads)...let me know if you'd like to give them a shot and I'll mail them your way for the cost of the postage. It sounds like a good deal until you realize that I'm going to ask you all kinds of CSP2 tube-rolling questions in Chicago
smily_headphones1.gif

If you find that you end up liking the BM5A I'm afraid you might just LOVE the BM6A mk.II. Extends the bass, removes the "boom", and has even better soundstaging.

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #5,840 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Auralex mopads worked wonders for me with both the BM5A and the BM6A mk.II that I used to have as my desktop speakers. They are sitting gathering dust (the mopads)...let me know if you'd like to give them a shot and I'll mail them your way for the cost of the postage. It sounds like a good deal until you realize that I'm going to ask you all kinds of CSP2 tube-rolling questions in Chicago
smily_headphones1.gif

If you find that you end up liking the BM5A I'm afraid you might just LOVE the BM6A mk.II. Extends the bass, removes the "boom", and has even better soundstaging.

You're going to make me save the extra dough for the BM6AmkII...thanks bud!
k701smile.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #5,842 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgb113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're going to make me save the extra dough for the BM6AmkII...thanks bud!
k701smile.gif

Sorry
smily_headphones1.gif
For me (the only person I can speak for) it is completely worth it. I haven't heard the non-mkII verson of the BM6A which I understand some people still prefer. However, the BM6A mkII were wonderful!

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #5,844 of 6,467
I noticed on Dynaudio's site this morning that they've just listed the BM5A MKII! From the video they've posted, the tweeter moves up one quality level and now has a waveguide, there is new 7" woofer, and SPL goes up just slightly to 117db.

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #5,846 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
love your proac. I really like the bigger proac monitor (2cu meter one) with the transparent midrange driver; those are pretty magical.

Thanks. Midrange is definitely one of the ProAcs strongest areas. It's magical, just as you described.

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #5,848 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed on Dynaudio's site this morning that they've just listed the BM5A MKII! From the video they've posted, the tweeter moves up one quality level and now has a waveguide, there is new 7" woofer, and SPL goes up just slightly to 117db.

Yet another wrench in the works! The new mkII is rated down to 45Hz (right between the regular version and the BM6AmkII and the same as their Focus 110A.

I wonder what pricing will be.

Bill

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #5,849 of 6,467
here's a quick shot of mine

the speakers are from a custom builder, Fritz Speakers Loudspeakers Sound System Designs

i have never met a nicer guy, and to top it off, his speakers are the best ive ever heard under $4k.. and i've had totem, b&w, proac, joseph audio, paradigm, usher, and a few more... and the carbon 7's are only 1750, scanspeak drivers, series crossover, the sound they produce blows my mind!

carbon7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back