post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jul 1, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #1,607 of 6,467
Of course you know that you are gettining minimal potential out of those 901's. Set up that way, you'd be better off facing them outward like an industrial 801. (I know this because I had them in an apartment with a 5 foot depth when I was young and had to make the best of them).

Can I borrow some of your LP's?
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #1,608 of 6,467
AudioDwebe, pics of your speakers without the grills?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #1,609 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course you know that you are gettining minimal potential out of those 901's. Set up that way, you'd be better off facing them outward like an industrial 801. (I know this because I had them in an apartment with a 5 foot depth when I was young and had to make the best of them).

Can I borrow some of your LP's?
biggrin.gif

The 901's are up there 'cuz I had no room to put them anywhere else. They used to be downstairs in the living room but my child, who's now a toddler, kept attacking them and out of fear of it tipping over, brought it upstairs. They're there for just background music.

Critical listening is usually done through a pair of De Capo i's set up in the nearfield, but I removed them in favor of the Dunlavy SC-IV's in the picture. The Dunlavys are too much for the room but I was just trying to get it to work.

Just yesterday I got really tired of the whole "audiophile" thing, with so much concern placed on all sorts of miniscule things that I removed my higher end gear and am driving the 901's with the Creek 4240 SE's.

We'll see how long that lasts.

Already thinking of a change again.

Thanks for the input, though. I'll try what you suggested.

Ciao,

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #1,610 of 6,467
Except for loss of bass and soundstage, they sound pretty darn good faced out backwards.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #1,613 of 6,467
I also spy two violins in those pictures.
biggrin.gif
Though at least one seems to be missing strings/pegs/bridge.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #1,614 of 6,467
Okay, I quit. You win. That is a lot of music. I can't imagine that many. Between me, my brother, and my dad, with vinyls and CDs combined, we couldn't even come close to your CDs. Quite impressive.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #1,615 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for loss of bass and soundstage, they sound pretty darn good faced out backwards.

Thanks again for the info. I'll give it a shot either today or within a couple of days.

Ciao,

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #1,616 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for posting the picture of all your CD's and albums. I used it to show my wife that my 1,600+ CD's is nothing compare to yours. I hope she leaves me along for a couple of weeks (at least).
very_evil_smiley.gif

One of two things: She'll either leave you alone, or use it as an example of how "carried away" and "anal" you might get some day and stop all things ASAP!
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also spy two violins in those pictures.
biggrin.gif
Though at least one seems to be missing strings/pegs/bridge.

The violin I picked up at a high school swap meet way back when when I was a recruiter and visited my school's yearly junk trade. It looked kind of cool and felt a bit obligated at the same time. So there it sits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
screw me!
eek.gif
basshead.gif
eek.gif

I share that feeling sometimes, only not in a good way.

Just how many CDs and LPs are there AudioDwebe?

I think I've got around 3500 CD's and God-only-knows how many records. I've also got about 15 boxes in the garage (I think each holds about 120 or so, which makes it about 1800 or so there). All the vinyl on the smaller shelf are Japanese imports and audiophile pressings.

Very cool.

I've been collecting music almost my whole life, since I was about 16 or so. When the CD first came about, I got rid of almost all my records and about seven years ago I got back into collecting vinyl in a crazy way. It really helped that I lived in Los Angeles for about three years, with about 10 pretty good to excellent used record stores within about a 30-minute drive.

As a recruiter (US Army) working roughly 70-hour work weeks three years straight left me with, you guessed it, pretty much NO LIFE so I turned to records and record collecting. I figured some day I'd be able to listen to them all.

I'm still hoping for that "some day."

Ciao,

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #1,619 of 6,467
I can't remember if I updated these lately or not..........

On Das Boot:

Total_System_June_07.jpg

Headphones, give or take a couple..........

Headphones1.jpg

My house, with its glorious whore-house red carpet:

Maggie_s_at_home_2002.JPG

Jul 3, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #1,620 of 6,467
You have an awesome rig randerson3024. Is it really in a boat/ship? Please post a picture of that boat/ship. It must be huge.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back