POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Mar 24, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #2,311 of 2,461
i have the la7000 and I have had the DB v4. They werent deep cup or 600 ohm drivers though. I think the la7000 are a much more balanced presentation than the darths. The darths are a fun can but can get tiresome after a while and arent the best if you like classical or jazz. If youre into pop and rap the extra bass can help drive the song better. the la7000 have a bigger soundstage with less bass reverb and have a more neutral presentation. The DB have a U shaped sound signature. Like I said in the beginning though, I havent heard the 600 ohm or deeps. If you just want some bass and a great overall sound just get the d7000 with some jmoney pads. if your a bass head then get the darths.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #2,312 of 2,461
True, these aren't Darths - but are Vixen (v.3 Amboyna Burl/Blacktop cabling) which have HF-2 drivers ............but I think of this as much a Larry page as a Darth page. Here are the "traditional" pre-delivery pics that Larry sent me:

AmboynaBurlVixen1.jpg

AmboynaBurlVixen2.jpg

These are my third pair...alas, no more HF-2's
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #2,313 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the la7000 and I have had the DB v4. They werent deep cup or 600 ohm drivers though. I think the la7000 are a much more balanced presentation than the darths. The darths are a fun can but can get tiresome after a while and arent the best if you like classical or jazz. If youre into pop and rap the extra bass can help drive the song better. the la7000 have a bigger soundstage with less bass reverb and have a more neutral presentation. The DB have a U shaped sound signature. Like I said in the beginning though, I havent heard the 600 ohm or deeps. If you just want some bass and a great overall sound just get the d7000 with some jmoney pads. if your a bass head then get the darths.

With the regular DB's I totally agree with you. But the Deep-Cups with 600 ohm drivers sound very little like the regular DB's. They are much, much more neutral (which is no surprise - the 770/600 drivers are far, far more neutral than the 770 Pro 80 drivers ever were). The deep-cup housing also greatly reduces the upper-bass emphasis that the regular DB's have.,

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #2,314 of 2,461
man I'm so psyched about getting deep cup darths! I hope the deal price comes up in the next few days, I've been watching that bloody page like a hawk
atsmile.gif

FUUDGE, I cant afford them at the price their put up at
frown.gif
I want the deep cocobolo's bad, but only have $900 to spend
redface.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #2,317 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Darth Beyer VXD5 Custom Deluxe is for sale!
Who's buying them??

I REALLY want them, but can't afford them at $1095. I'm hoping the price will drop, then I can grab em if someone hasn't by then
regular_smile .gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #2,318 of 2,461
Quote:

FUUDGE, I cant afford them at the price their put up at
frown.gif
I want the deep cocobolo's bad, but only have $900 to spend

Hurry, I might have to buy them when they hit $901.
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #2,319 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the regular DB's I totally agree with you. But the Deep-Cups with 600 ohm drivers sound very little like the regular DB's. They are much, much more neutral (which is no surprise - the 770/600 drivers are far, far more neutral than the 770 Pro 80 drivers ever were). The deep-cup housing also greatly reduces the upper-bass emphasis that the regular DB's have.,

Kingstyles and Skylab -- thank you very much. I have been enjoying my la7000s for quite a while, and I'd like to have a backup to enjoy. I visited Ken at 32 Ohm Audio looking for a pair, and nothing really could beat the la7000s. It sounds like the Deep Cups on 770-600 ohm drivers with the Blacktop cable might be just the ticket.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #2,320 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Darth Beyer VXD5 Custom Deluxe is for sale!
Who's buying them??

That magical pair of VXD5s are now sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back