POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Mar 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #2,146 of 2,461
Very pretty. I am a dark-wood guy myself, but it does look nice.

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #2,147 of 2,461
While they look and feel fantastic, I've decided that the deep cup sound is not for me. I'll be listing my Redwood Burl VXD4 in the for sale forum tonight. If anyone here wants them first, feel free to send me a PM.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #2,148 of 2,461
I'm about to be mean to Skylab (assuming he might be most-motivated buyer)

Intrigued by the Box Elder - since I was never aware of it, I did a little Googling "Box Elder Wood". After reading some info about it and learning it is not related to the ordinary Elder we're used to seeing.........I scrolled down the page. Here is where I get nasty - you'll come to find, Rob, Box Elder Spalted Burl! It's nothing like this pair of X-Deeps......it truly looks like Marble. Now a pair of x-deeps, or any 'phone would be really exceptional built from THAT wood.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #2,149 of 2,461
I see that (Google is amazing), and it looks nice, but it is still not a dark wood.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #2,150 of 2,461
Mik, If I fould someone who was desirous enough of my Dealpage Deluxe Zebrawood X-Deeps so that is was a near trade level for your Redwood Burls - then I'd do it......bye,bye to one of my Zebrawoods, and hello Redwood.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #2,151 of 2,461
Skylab - be careful what you say. I might search for a still-unused dark wood that you CANNOT resist.......and get Larry to build an exclusive pair from it. hahahahahaa
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #2,152 of 2,461
LOL - that would be fine with me.

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #2,153 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mik, If I fould someone who was desirous enough of my Dealpage Deluxe Zebrawood X-Deeps so that is was a near trade level for your Redwood Burls - then I'd do it......bye,bye to one of my Zebrawoods, and hello Redwood.

The Redwood Burls do look very nice.
smily_headphones1.gif
They appear quite a bit darker in real life than in the pics from Headphile though. I'll take some pics tonight if they're still here by then.

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #2,154 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While they look and feel fantastic, I've decided that the deep cup sound is not for me. I'll be listing my Redwood Burl VXD4 in the for sale forum tonight. If anyone here wants them first, feel free to send me a PM.

Hi,
Searched this thread, didn't see a PIC of them. I'm sure you have some?

EDIT: I just found them, nice Canz! I'm in the Market for a DAC or I'd probably Jump.

Les

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #2,156 of 2,461
Speaking of rare burl woods (yes this is slightly off topic) but I love exceptional wood!
smily_headphones1.gif

Here is a basic pen I turned with extremely colorful and exceptional afzelia burl, both parts of the pen are the same wood just different part of the burl. I have never seen wood like this, my favorite by far. Those pictures are taken with my now dead 2.1 mpixels cam and the new one is coming!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have many incredible woods just waiting to be turned it's so addicting to look for the exceptional piece... buckeye burl, thuya burl, mallee burl, stabilized double dyed box elder burl and much more, I can't wait to have some time and get to it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Afzeliaburlelitepen1.jpg

Afzeliaburlelitepen2.jpg

Afzeliaburlelitepen3.jpg

Afzeliaburlelitepen4.jpg

Here is another one, notice the cap has a smiley face on it, made of amboyna burl for the cap and the pen itself is the same afzelia burl you seen up. Those pen are meaty, they feel like they weight a pound!

IMGP0447.jpg

Here is another one amboyna and snakewood!
wink.gif

IMGP0437.jpg

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #2,157 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Massacre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of rare burl woods (yes this is slightly off topic) but I love exceptional wood!
smily_headphones1.gif

Here is a basic pen I turned with extremely colorful and exceptional afzelia burl, both parts of the pen are the same wood just different part of the burl. I have never seen wood like this, my favorite by far. Those pictures are taken with my now dead 2.1 mpixels cam and the new one is coming!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have many incredible woods just waiting to be turned it's so addicting to look for the exceptional piece... buckeye burl, thuya burl, mallee burl, stabilized double dyed box elder burl and much more, I can't wait to have some time and get to it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Here is another one, notice the cap has a smiley face on it, made of amboyna burl for the cap and the pen itself is the same afzelia burl you seen up. Those pen are meaty, they feel like they weight a pound!

Here is another one amboyna and snakewood!
wink.gif

IMGP0437.jpg

Isn't that Bottom Pen the one Obama Traded the DVDs for?

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #2,158 of 2,461
have you seen Larry's new vixen line? There dt770s with Grado drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back