POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Mar 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #2,163 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My latest set of Deep Cup Darths. The new VXD4 ones.
After only one day of burn-in, they already sound absolutely terrific -- so, far, the best sounding deep-cup Darths of all that I've owned.
My VXD4 and V4 Terminators (shown earlier in thread) are keepers.
Behold! -- And, as usual, they look much, much better in person!

[size=small]
SilverRain, would you be so kind as to elaborate on the differences between the V4 and the VXD4? I love well balanced sound throughout the entire acoustic spectrum (bass, mids, and treble). I imagine the VXD4 provides a wide soundstage/headstage. I suppose the V4 yields a more intimate, "small jazz ensemble"-esque staging. Are these accurate surmises? Is there more to the sound than this?[/size]

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #2,164 of 2,461
Excuse me, Since im new here, id love to know why these (Beautiful) darthbeyers are so popular x.x iam not going through 145 pages :p.

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #2,167 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse me, Since im new here, id love to know why these (Beautiful) darthbeyers are so popular x.x iam not going through 145 pages :p.

I suggest you start with post #1862, which has an informative comparo, and then read every page until the end.

THEN, you will have learned MUCH from the many comments and pics, about the various types of Darths, grasshopper.
L3000.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #2,168 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]SilverRain, would you be so kind as to elaborate on the differences between the V4 and the VXD4? I love well balanced sound throughout the entire acoustic spectrum (bass, mids, and treble). I imagine the VXD4 provides a wide soundstage/headstage. I suppose the V4 yields a more intimate, "small jazz ensemble"-esque staging. Are these accurate surmises? Is there more to the sound than this?[/size]

At this time, my new VXD4 is in the middle of burn-in, so nothing much to say, yet, except for my posted initial impression (which is still holding up, so far, during the burn-in).

If anyone else can answer this now, please feel free to do so?
I really am not the best reviewer on here.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #2,169 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this time, my new VXD4 is in the middle of burn-in, so nothing much to say, yet, except for my posted initial impression (which is still holding up, so far, during the burn-in).

If anyone else can answer this now, please feel free to do so?
I really am not the best reviewer on here.

[size=small]
Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait out your burn in. I am currently burning in a BlackGold cable myself.
wink.gif
[/size]

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #2,171 of 2,461
[size=small]Inquiring minds are looking for trouble again: looks aside, how does the Deep Darths (and the new V4) compare to other top phones sound-wise? Are they just one of the headphone pack? Do they trail the usual suspects? Or do they stand toe to toe with the best in the industry?

I could use a solid close phone that is very well balanced, with good to great imaging and superlative details. I am still undecided whether to go with a huge soundstage/headstage (Deep Darths) or a (presumably) more intimate one (V4).

Note: if my questions are too far off the main thrust of this thread, let me know and I will cease and desist.
smile_phones.gif
[/size]

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #2,172 of 2,461
On Saturday, I was having an eargasm with my V4 Termiantors with one of my Epica albums, and some Nightwish, too.
The latest deep-cup VXD4 Darths will come off burn-in this week, but so far, they sound similar to the V4 Terminators.
If I was you, I would get a V4 Terminator, NOW, then a deep-cup Darth, after that, and keep both, or sell the one you like least, if you don't want to have 2 expensive cans at one time.
I like to switch between them, and other cans, too, of course. But, I ALWAYS will have 1 or 2 Darths around.
I had HD650, and SA5000, and D5000, K701, RS-1, SR325i, and *many* other FOTM, or other well-known cans -- the V4 Darths are better, to me, and are keepers. The others are gone.
I also will keep my HFI-780 and PRO 750, and also some other less-noteworthy cans, and rotate among them for variety.
Gotta have multiple cans.
L3000.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #2,173 of 2,461
That is good to hear!

LOVE both Epica and Nightwish, too
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #2,174 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is good to hear!

LOVE both Epica and Nightwish, too
wink.gif

Yep -- the V4's and DX1000, too, LIKE "busy" music -- great instrument separation, bass, kick-drums, female vocals -- ALL of it is there to hear and enjoy with these top-notch cans!

Great minds think alike....
icon10.gif
darthsmile.gif

Waiting to see reviews or whatever of the new DX700...hee-hee
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Temptation is once-again rearing its wallet-busting little head....
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #2,175 of 2,461
Temptation *IS* rearing it's head. It's all I can do to resist buying Mik's Redwood VXD4's, and a pair of DX700's
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back