Post pics of your builds....
Sep 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #9,346 of 9,811
Looks good.  The giant cap hanging off the back had a certain charm 
bigsmile_face.gif
 but the new version seems like a move in the right direction.  Nice work.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #9,348 of 9,811
A capacitor stores energy and can be thought of like a battery in a circuit.  That's a bit of an over simplification, but it's a start.  

Capacitors play different roles depending on where they are in the amplifier circuit. Among other things they may be used to smoothing or filtering current, provide energy storage for times of peak demand, or acting to block DC as a coupling capacitor.  

I know how this works, the minute I post an answer like this some of the really smart guys are going to chime in with a far better explanation, so just wait for it!  
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #9,349 of 9,811
  A capacitor stores energy and can be thought of like a battery in a circuit.  That's a bit of an over simplification, but it's a start.  

Capacitors play different roles depending on where they are in the amplifier circuit. Among other things they may be used to smoothing or filtering current, provide energy storage for times of peak demand, or acting to block DC as a coupling capacitor.  

I know how this works, the minute I post an answer like this some of the really smart guys are going to chime in with a far better explanation, so just wait for it!  
wink.gif

I like that explanation

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #9,351 of 9,811
i had a lot of catching up to do on this thread, some great pics guys - keep up the good work 

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #9,354 of 9,811
Added new back plane (polished 6061-T6):
Output selector
Input selector (not implemented)
Speaker binding posts (upgraded OPT's)
Bias adjustment jacks

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #9,357 of 9,811
After tons of help from Avro_Arrow, and tons of dumb questions on various forums...

I present, the Twisted Pear Ventus EZ

These are actually the first pictures of a completed Ventus EZ I have seen online, I wasn't able to find any previous pictures of this amplifier for whatever reason
Its built with a Twisted Pear LCBPS, and an ALPS RK27, which is stylishly hot glued to its platform :wink:

Case was cut with an Epilog Laser Cutter at school, I designed each piece individually, and since I haven't seen much case design, I figured it'd be cool to post a few pictures of the files in Illustrator aswell

Sorry if I uploaded way too many pics

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #9,358 of 9,811
  After tons of help from Avro_Arrow, and tons of dumb questions on various forums...

I present, the Twisted Pear Ventus EZ

These are actually the first pictures of a completed Ventus EZ I have seen online, I wasn't able to find any previous pictures of this amplifier for whatever reason
Its built with a Twisted Pear LCBPS, and an ALPS RK27, which is stylishly hot glued to its platform :wink:

Case was cut with an Epilog Laser Cutter at school, I designed each piece individually, and since I haven't seen much case design, I figured it'd be cool to post a few pictures of the files in Illustrator aswell

The more pic's the better.
Great job.  Naturally I love two-tone !

I couldn't tell, is the diamond pattern on the side cut through?
Very, very, nice.

EDIT.   It is all the way through !!!
Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back