Post pics of your builds....
Aug 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #9,256 of 9,811
Nice build 
beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #9,257 of 9,811
Aug 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #9,259 of 9,811

Team ϟ[size=small]ϟ ! Got to give them tubesters a worthy retaliation![/size]

Over 300 parts, 14W power consumption, bandwidth well in megahertz range so some limiting input filter must be used to tame the beast.

Sound? Sublime!

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #9,261 of 9,811
Quote:

Over 300 parts, 14W power consumption, bandwidth well in megahertz range so some limiting input filter must be used to tame the beast.

Sound? Sublime!

Gotta give it up for that build.
SERIOUS !

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #9,262 of 9,811
Aug 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #9,266 of 9,811
Wine. Easier to control. Whiskey needs attention and there's none to spare when I'm soldering.

We need a topic for choosing the right wine that goes well with the fumes.

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #9,267 of 9,811
Quote:

Sound? Sublime!

Oh my god, this is beautiful. Just plain gorgeous. I hope it gets a nice enclosure to live in!

I've been bogged down with other projects that I'm working on (particularly a high end electronic-cig driver board with micro controller controlled VV/VI/VW settings and other such fanciness.

I checked out the page you linked for the qrv-08 and I think I'm in love. I was in the beginning stages of designing a high-end discrete SS amp, but looking at this, I think I might give it a go first for education's sake.

Any info, full sized schematics, even better, board layouts would be hugely appreciated, since every image on the site that you linked seems to only be available in low res (I couldn't download the pdf files)

Props to you mate, that thing is such a beast, I love it!

Team SS FTW! (not sure how I feel about the ϟϟ symbol though, its a little too nazi-ey for my liking :p)

Apologies for my typing, I have a pinched nerve in my arm thats really not helping my dexterity at the moment (and also making soldering a total beotch :frowning2:)

peace,
chris

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #9,268 of 9,811
Ha, I'm just pulling everyone's leg with the sieg runes! You should see the faces of some neo-commie guys I've trolled with pictures of old Russian rubles with swastikas printed on them. Both of these are harmless symbols - sieg means "victory" and the swastika has plenty of good associated with it. A real shame that some idiots decided to take them for themselves, but oh well...

Regarding full size schematics and other info - I'm bound by a contract to not reveal them. You can figure out the topology by looking at the small schematic, really. If you can't then the big one won't do you much good. The bom is pretty straightforward as well - I'm sure you could populate the board for 250$ or less.

Tha amp itself is basically two modified diamond buffers stuck together. Due to low psrr it needs extremely clean juice therefore quad shuntregged PSU's are a must. 2/3 of the board are taken up by the PSU's. The real ising on the cake is the current feedback loop - not many audio amplifiers use this.

In any case - I like the sound very much, even more than my Dynalo. Also it;s like 4x smaller than my Dynalo. Now to get a nice box for it. I might actually omit the volume pot because I'm looking to get a Violectric V800 that has digital volume control.

Thanks for writing, Chris! Hope you get your arm situation sorted out!

Cheers!
Rudolfs

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #9,270 of 9,811
My wife likes to Bake, I like to build CIEMs, and I think Speaker Cabinets will be something I want to get into as well.

Some CIEMs

My soldering tip....   really for me the secret is the "Tip."  Keep it very very clean and it helps make soldering much easier.  Radio Shack sells a tip cleaner ($10).

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back