Post pics of your builds....
Nov 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #7,456 of 9,811

Quote:
Just finished up my Bottlehead Seduction this evening and listening to it now
smily_headphones1.gif

Sed1.jpg

That's a beautiful amp, congrats! Is that a phono ground on the input side?

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #7,458 of 9,811
Quote:
That's a beautiful amp, congrats! Is that a phono ground on the input side?

Thanks :) Yes indeed it's a phono ground. You can read a little more about the Seduction Phono Pre here if you have any interest: http://www.bottlehead.com/store.php?crn=220&rn=429&action=show_detail

It's a nice easy build. The only mildly tricky part was the C4S upgrade, as a few of the through holes are a little too close to each other so you have to be careful not to bridge any gaps around the transistors.

Nov 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #7,459 of 9,811

Quote:
Thanks :) Yes indeed it's a phono ground. You can read a little more about the Seduction Phono Pre here if you have any interest: http://www.bottlehead.com/store.php?crn=220&rn=429&action=show_detail

It's a nice easy build. The only mildly tricky part was the C4S upgrade, as a few of the through holes are a little too close to each other so you have to be careful not to bridge any gaps around the transistors.

That's interesting as it could be used as a phono stage in a pinch, are the output RCA's amplified or pass-through?

edit: never mind, it is a phono stage, not a headphone amp!

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #7,461 of 9,811
SP Wild posted:-

Quote:
I have spent the last three days steeped in DIY - its my first forages into DIY and I am loving it.

redface.gif

He's got the bug......

Next is a Cmoy, and then a Blue Hawaii...  tee hee  (chortle)

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #7,462 of 9,811
~ M³ ~

Finished this one a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty much a standard build using AD8610 opamps. I splashed out a bit on a TKD pot, the amp is very quiet.

Case is made from reconstituted 5mm aluminium for the top, bottom, front and back that I've brushed and clear-coated. Sides are made from galvanized steel, alu angle and wood from a chopping board.

Some more pics of the build here - http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/elton2007/AMB%20M3%20Build%20Oct%202010/

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #7,465 of 9,811
Thanks guys!

The wood sides are attached with 1/2" screws from inside through the steel brackets - just so if I get bored with them I can swap them for something else, e.g. darker wood.

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #7,467 of 9,811
Nice M³for sure.   I've been busy again.  EL_something I took over from EL_nother member:)
Works fine & sounds good.  Finishing her up tomorrow its time to go out.

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #7,469 of 9,811
So might as well show some of mine... think I never posted them on Head-Fi.

C3G headphone amp built in 2004, my first ever tube amp. I didn't know anything about tubes then,
and had to learn to read a schematic first...
blink.gif

Was based on s schematic from one Mr. Siemens (not THE Siemens) but changed to tube rectification
and the massive power supply. Flipped the switch and it worked... (wiping sweat off...).

Got me convinced that C3G triode wired is one fine tube...

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #7,470 of 9,811
Next was the Morgan-Jones headphone amplifier that was very popular on Headwize (too bad that the site is still down
frown.gif
).

Was supposed to be much cheaper to build than the C3G to recover from the hole in my wallet
wink.gif

Also converted to tube rectification and later to LED bias in the first stage.
Was a nice sounding amp but never really convincing or "magic", the only amp I sold..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back