Post pics of your builds....
Sep 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #5,791 of 9,811
As far as I can see from the pics, those enclosure are Galaxy Max GX183 (124mm x 230mm) and GX283 (230mm x 230mm) with optional faceplates.

Well done InSides!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #5,792 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love those galaxy cases! are those custom sized ones?

Ferrari was right on the money. Those are GX183 and GX283 with 10mm faceplates.

I was lucky that the protoboard was sized exactly like the smaller enclosure with room to spare for connectors.

This way, I can place them side by side on a standard rack, and still have two boxes.

I wish HiFi2000 did these case in another, larger depth. Would work wonders for monoblocks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I can see from the pics, those enclosure are Galaxy Max GX183 (124mm x 230mm) and GX283 (230mm x 230mm) with optional faceplates.

Well done InSides!
smily_headphones1.gif

Much appreciated, especially coming from you, Sir.
smily_headphones1.gif
You must have been using a lot of HiFi2000 cases to spot the exact sizes from the photos.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #5,793 of 9,811
just fit perfectly tight! awesome! the more I see them the more they destroy par-metal cases. Especially the sides. Do the indents on the sides serve any purpose or purely aesthetic?

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #5,794 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just fit perfectly tight! awesome! the more I see them the more they destroy par-metal cases. Especially the sides. Do the indents on the sides serve any purpose or purely aesthetic?

The sides are indented on the inside as well, and can server for mounting rectifiers / regulators, like I've done on the PSU side. Per the creator of the enclosures, the 10mm thick sides [alu profiles] are good for dissipating up to 20W of heat.

They come in very handy when you need something more than a PCB mounted heatsink, but not really finned size like in class A amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am now waiting on a second set for my PhonoClone 3 build. The indents will be wonderful for mounting the Cinemag line transformers I want to add for SE-to-balanced conversion.

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #5,795 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by j4cbo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something new I'm cooking up... still very much a work in progress.

m4-proto.jpg

Ok.. Details please.. Inquiring minds want to know..

At least mine anyway..

Or maybe I'm just out of the loop..

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #5,796 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least mine anyway..

a Nelson Pass design?

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #5,798 of 9,811
The dac is done before the amp as I am too lazy to reterm my headphones lol.
Ignore bad photo quality + the crap on top that I didn't clean.

off.JPG

back.JPG

open.JPG

on.JPG

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #5,799 of 9,811
very ice build what kinda case? also, what is that perf board?

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #5,801 of 9,811
Thanks dude.
The cases are from Context Engineering although it is a non-stocked size (built to order).
Very well built (solid) cases but the finish is an acquired taste =]

The perf board holds a small ardiuno uC.
It is what controls those two relays and the leds for source selection using the 4:1MUX.
It also remembers the last source selected before turn off so that it is auto selected at next power on... a bit of a gimmick but coding that is easy given the onboard EEPROM so I thought why not?
It could have been wired direct to the MUX but I had the 5v relays already and the 5v supply is right next to it so this was easiest for me.

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #5,802 of 9,811
I cant wait for one of those so I can rock a remote. Just waiting for linuxworks' pcbs

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #5,803 of 9,811
Yeah having that around back when I thought of using it would have made things sooooo much smoother.

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #5,804 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least mine anyway..

It's a hybrid opamp/discrete design, using the output stage from an M^3 and a THS4131 SuSy opamp. There's also an onboard Jung Super Regulator and 128-step balanced logarithmic relay attenuator. I'm not done with the attenuator yet, since I missed some parts in my last Digi-Key order. Once it's all up and running, I'll post a thread.

That said, it sounds damn nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back