Post pics of your builds....
Sep 27, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #5,761 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Planning to energise the side of your house for use as an ESL subwoofer?

More likely a "central heater" for the cold winter days.
biggrin.gif

I was busy with testing the DC heater circuit this afternoon and have to say that these big ladies generate lots of heat under duty.
tongue.gif

Afbeelding711.jpg

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #5,765 of 9,811
Beautiful casing, smeggy.

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #5,766 of 9,811
a proof-of-concept build showing the newly announced (but still on a proto board) LCDuino-1:

3960703487_8e46fcd4ab_o.jpg

the LCDuino-1 announcement: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/lcd...cessor-447607/

I couldn't wait for the pcb house boards to arrive so I installed another perf-board version, along with a perf-board PGA volume control sub-board in my M3 amp. its taking 24v (dual rail) from the 'host' (m3) and needs only an extra logic 5v supply to be able to run.

casework still done by hand with metal file and xacto knives. thankfully the bezels were plastic so it wasn't too hard (but I still hate doing casework!)
wink.gif

production (beta test) boards should arrive any day now. this may be the last perf-board arduino I built and all new ones should be using the LCDuino-1 doublesided pro-made boards.

for now, I at least get to enjoy a remote controlled M3. and when not in use as a headphone amp, its a very bulky and expensive digital clock (lol).

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #5,767 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my latest thingy. Hybrid amp (not all done by me) cased in an 'exploded view' design. Not complete yet, but almost there.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3553/stacker.jpg

Holy! That woodwork is sexy...
tongue_smile.gif

Excellent!

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #5,768 of 9,811
Sep 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #5,769 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ferrari..that thing is just insane...me wants it bad now :p

This hobby is sometimes insane, but the fun is priceless.
smily_headphones1.gif

@smeggy

Really cool woodwork man, I'm going to ask you to make a wooden faceplate for my amp someday (if you don't mind).
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #5,770 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by S3am /img/forum/go_quote.gif
linuxworks,
Great build, as always!

p.s. What hammond case is it?

Confirm please, that this one have detachable cover too:
Hammond 1455-N2202 :: Hammond 1455 Series :: Enclosures / Boxes :: Electronic Parts :: Banzai Music
I'm realy tired searching not expensive case for my future zen headamp project. And this hammond is the best i can buy... But I was very upset because today i "realize" that this hammond has solid structure and only front and back panels are datachable...

Thanks.

Actually, on the 1455 series, one of the top/bottom plates slides out, so you can take it out to install everything, and then slide it back in after(and make whatever holes in it you need..). Or even replace it with a vented panel (check out the CTH thread for example).

Check out the top left drawing here: http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1455L2201.pdf, and you will see that it is a separate piece (describe below in the next drawing).

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #5,772 of 9,811
MrSlim

Thank You! Then it's exactly what I need. I Hope I will have some photos to post here a couple month later
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #5,773 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my latest thingy. Hybrid amp (not all done by me) cased in an 'exploded view' design. Not complete yet, but almost there.

The quality of the work people do here with wood never ceases to amaze me!

I just wish there was somewhere round here I could do to learn, but none of the local colleges teach it. Not being able to make cases for stuff is my big weakness.

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #5,775 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by S3am /img/forum/go_quote.gif
linuxworks,
Great build, as always!

p.s. What hammond case is it?

this one: 1455T2202BK

8.66 in L x 6.3 in W x 2.1 in H

it has black plastic single-piece end panels. I was expecting metal end pieces as inserts but I ordered the plastic version, instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back