Post pics of your builds....
Sep 20, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #5,731 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks gents!]

Nice! Is that a silver/white led behind the volume knob? Looks ice cold. Nice work!
beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #5,732 of 9,811
Thanks gents!

A turquoise (blue/green) LED is used for the volume knop ring to match the tone of the tube level meter… a kind of blue-greenish.
It seems a bit lighter on the pic due to mixing with daylight.

Actually, I have made the LED circuit exchangeable and can change it in red or blue when desired.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #5,733 of 9,811
omg bonerrific

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #5,734 of 9,811
I finished a s11 + m3 build last night and have been listening to the combo the whole day. It sounds wonderful. Haven't really heard some of the music like this before. It brought out elements I hadn't noticed in music I have heard hundreds of times before. Thanks to AMB for continuing to make this possible.

After I had completed measurements and biasing I hooked it up to the not-very high-end output of my laptop and was amazed by what the amp did to the poor source. The first music I played was a FLAC file of Kraftwerk. I then decided I had to bring the amp to work the next day that I might enjoy it the whole day. So I looked around for a box suitable for high-speed installing... this is what I came up with (a moon cake box from Yummy Foods Co, San Francisco -- fitting since it soon is that time of the year again).

The build went smoothly. Next up is the y2, for which I received the parts today (Monday) after having ordered them late Friday night. Nice work, Ti.
smily_headphones1.gif

Today I had it hooked up to my Philips DV-588A SACD + DVD-A player. Listened to a whole range of hi-res disks, from Channel Classics's Beethoven sonatas (SACD), to Depeche Mode's Violator (SACD) and Randy Newman's Little Criminals (DVD-A).
L3000.gif

Cheers,
- Henrik

Sep 22, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #5,736 of 9,811
That'll show Hammond we don't need their expensive cases
tongue.gif

great work

cheers
FRED

Sep 22, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #5,737 of 9,811
Thanks!

This was my first build in 22 years.
smily_headphones1.gif
But now I am excited to get going with the y2. Will be a good companion to the m3.

Also, perhaps the most striking high-res disk I enjoyed today was the Flaming Lips At war with the mystics... DVD-A (24-bit/88.2 kHz).

Though I have a feeling the DAC in the cheapo Philips 588A is no match for the y2, even if it is "24-bit/192kHz".
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #5,742 of 9,811
Hello everyone. I finally got around to finishing re-casing my most recent project (a TREAD powered CMOY). I'm a little apprehensive to post these because my case skills leave a LOT to be desired, but hey, you have to start somewhere. I'll include a before and after shot.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

Ok, back to drooling over the other builds in this thread.

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #5,744 of 9,811
Hi,
Here are a few pics of a M3 I built sometime ago. It is housed on an ATI research chassis ( I think they went out of business because their website has been offline for sometime now). I have been rolling between AD8610,
AD845 and OPA627, I've found with my HD650, I prefer the AD845 sound over the other two.
Recently a motorized pot from Dantimax was added.
gabriel
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back