Post pics of your builds....
Mar 7, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #976 of 9,811
Hehe, thanks. It was my dad's idea. We went to Home Depot and got those faucet knob covers to do that.
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #977 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris111688
Hehe, thanks. It was my dad's idea. We went to Home Depot and got those faucet knob covers to do that.
tongue.gif

I KNEW it looked familiar.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #978 of 9,811
Lol, we make due with what we can get.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to add a power regulator board that I just ordered from tangent (TREAD). I want to jack the heatsink off of an old graphics card for the regulator board for 2 reasons. 1. It's a pretty blue color and it's tiny, and it looks cool. 2. It'll make for some uber and overkill heat control. Any suggestions on how to jack the thing off of the graphics processor chip without damaging the chip or the heatsink? lol

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #979 of 9,811
Quote:

Lol, we make due with what we can get.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to add a power regulator board that I just ordered from tangent (TREAD). I want to jack the heatsink off of an old graphics card for the regulator board for 2 reasons. 1. It's a pretty blue color and it's tiny, and it looks cool. 2. It'll make for some uber and overkill heat control. Any suggestions on how to jack the thing off of the graphics processor chip without damaging the chip or the heatsink? lol

Just take it off. All video card heatsinks are not glued down. Best way is 1 of 2 things. 1 heat up the heatsink with a hair dryer or 2 turn the video card on and don't turn the fan on if it has one and let it heat up and then pull it off.

-Alex-

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #980 of 9,811
Dad has taken up woodwork in his retirement so I sent him a Millett Hybrid for him to case up. I thought I might get a nice little box...

dm01.jpg

The little window is the tuning window from his aunt's old radio. You can make out the tuning dial in the drawer. The knob is also from the old radio. The drawer is to keep the minidisc player in and the door is for the cans.

dm02.jpg

The amp slides out of the back for tuneups in its own little drawer. The shelf up top fits an extension cord and wall wart.

dm03.jpg

The amp is a middle spec Millett with a dead-bug voltage reg on the al plate in the back and sounds fantastic.

The details are realy well done- everything is dovetailed, the latch on the door is scratchbuilt and works perfectly, the drawer is very smooth, and the finish is very nice. I don't know what the wood is. It's probably from a tree that was blown down in the hurracane that hit Virginia last year.

dm04.jpg

Like I said, I was just after a simple box. I told Dad to have fun, make two, and he could keep the amp I sent him, but he said he didn't want to make annother.

I'm hoping he forgets that by the time my Dynalo is ready to be cased up!

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #981 of 9,811
Thanks, Alex.

Atomboy... I have to say... That's hot....
icon10.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #985 of 9,811
Wow... Very neat layout.. Nice case and panel layout too.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #986 of 9,811
Almost done this one... just have to figure out where to put the last component....

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #987 of 9,811
LOL, A Lego case? Sweet!

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #988 of 9,811
Quote:

LOL, A Lego case? Sweet!

It was a [bad] joke
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #989 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
It was a [bad] joke
evil_smiley.gif

or maybe you have a [bad] sense of humor?
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #990 of 9,811
Hehe, I'm slow with these things...
tongue.gif

But in any case, a LEGO case might be a pretty interesting idea..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back