Post pics of your builds....
Feb 23, 2006 at 11:15 AM Post #946 of 9,811
I wrote about my newly-built Dynahi in this post, where I mentioned that I wasn't 100% happy with the brushed aluminum volume knob. I thought that it stood out too much and clashed with the all-black theme.

Anyway, I have made a modification to the knob. The center flat portion is now matte black (same finish as the front panel), but I retained the brushed brightwork at the bevel and finger-grab areas of the knob. I like this much better... it provides just enough accent to complement the headphone jacks, but blends better with the rest of the case.

attachment.php

Feb 23, 2006 at 12:36 PM Post #947 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb
I wrote about my newly-built Dynahi in this post, where I mentioned that I wasn't 100% happy with the brushed aluminum volume knob. I thought that it stood out too much and clashed with the all-black theme.

Anyway, I have made a modification to the knob. The center flat portion is now matte black (same finish as the front panel), but I retained the brushed brightwork at the bevel and finger-grab areas of the knob. I like this much better... it provides just enough accent to complement the headphone jacks, but blends better with the rest of the case.

attachment.php

When I saw your Dynahi I couldn't imagine anyone topping your casework. Well someone did.......you
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #953 of 9,811
I finished building out my Millet Hybrid, although I haven't finished the casing work yet (working on a simple Hammond 1444 case).

I used the under-socket LED technique to light up the tubes and picked up some orange LEDs that have just the right color to give a nice tubey glow.

MH1.jpg

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #954 of 9,811
Well, it started snowing like crazy here so I figured if I was going to be shut in the house for the afternoon (parking bans = no car) I might as well temporarily case one of my Monica2 DACs so that I could listen to it. Seeing what time of year it was I decided that I would use a case similar to one that I used last year around this time. Temporary power comes from a 12V TREAD, eventually she's either going to have 2 TREADs or a 12V STEPS. I actually have the second TREAD all ready to go but I'm all out of 2.1mm jacks so that will have to wait for another day. So here's Monica, the mint DAC.

large.jpg

large.jpg

She sounds pretty great so far but I'm sure the Blackgates need a lot more time to burn in before she's at her best.

Nate

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:17 PM Post #956 of 9,811

Users who are viewing this thread

Back