Post pics of your builds....
Feb 27, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #9,692 of 9,811
Added balanced DC protection circuit and balanced pot to my SuSy Dynalo. Still working on the balanced inputs:

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #9,693 of 9,811
Something I have been listening to for at least a few years - my only rig and never an urge to change (after years of change up to this combo).  I told myself to post after I built transformer covers that match the base but I've never got around to it - hence the delay in post.  The circuit is dsavitsk's Electric Avenue - http://diy.ecpaudio.com/2008/03/SSS.html 
The Lundahl LL1660's are wired for 4.5:1 - this amp is specific for high impedance HP's - quite incredible sweetness, detail, and spaciousness with 600ohm DT-880's. 

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #9,694 of 9,811
  Something I have been listening to for at least a few years - my only rig and never an urge to change (after years of change up to this combo).  I told myself to post after I built transformer covers that match the base but I've never got around to it - hence the delay in post.  The circuit is dsavitsk's Electric Avenue - http://diy.ecpaudio.com/2008/03/SSS.html 
The Lundahl LL1660's are wired for 4.5:1 - this amp is specific for high impedance HP's - quite incredible sweetness, detail, and spaciousness with 600ohm DT-880's. 

Nicely done...Get the matched Lundahl covers, then everything is super sweet!

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #9,696 of 9,811
Just completed my 45 Direct Reactance Drive headphone amplifier from Jack Elliano design.

-Tube rectifier instead of diodes (as in the plan).
-DC filaments on 45s with Rod Coleman regulators.  AC filaments on drivers.
-Custom silver secondary output, switchable 25/50/300-ohm.

Runs a little hot due to high resistance (the 7.5K/10W resistor) to lift the 45s ~230V off from ground.  Separate PSU chassis helped to get the floor noise to dead black,  With 5U4GB, I'm getting 514VDC B+, probably the highest voltage I dare to play around with.  Sounds fantastic with LCD-3Fs.        

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #9,700 of 9,811
Just thought that I would show off my recently finished Krell KSA 5 clone.  Need to finish biasing it but so far so good.  The wiring in the PSU is a mess 
frown.gif
 because I didn't not plan it properly. Very excited though to listen to it.  Will post what I think tomorrow when it is up and running.  

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #9,701 of 9,811
Nice! Make sure you get those posted over at the other site. :)
Just thought that I would show off my recently finished Krell KSA 5 clone.  Need to finish biasing it but so far so good.  The wiring in the PSU is a mess :frowning2:  because I didn't not plan it properly. Very excited though to listen to it.  Will post what I think tomorrow when it is up and running.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back