Post pics of your builds....
Jan 21, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #9,676 of 9,811
Thanks !

The cover I've bougth somewhere on Ebay, the main case is from Hammond and the two things as P3 jacks (I can use the RCA´s with my HT or the P3´s with a headphone).

First time I used a transformer (the top cover was higher), but I changed for a simple 12V psu and trim a bit the cover.

Instead of FET´s I used an OPA2134.

Before was like that :

The paint was getting blemishes, so I change to an automotive one.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #9,677 of 9,811
Thanks !

The cover I've bougth somewhere on Ebay, the main case is from Hammond and the two things as P3 jacks (I can use the RCA´s with my HT or the P3´s with a headphone).

First time I used a transformer (the top cover was higher), but I changed for a simple 12V psu and trim a bit the cover.

Instead of FET´s I used an OPA2134.

Before was like that :

The paint was getting blemishes, so I change to an automotive one.

Thanks for the explanations. I prefer your updated version. More elegant!

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #9,678 of 9,811
Jan 28, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #9,680 of 9,811
This is my first headphone amp, based on the Appeared 47 with a gain of 2 setup to run my daughters AKG K551s

I used Panasonic FM and Vishay caps, opa2134 and buf634 and built it on proto board

I was in the process of making a hardwood enclosure for it when I had an unfortunate slip with the bench saw leaving me with a somewhat damaged block of wood and some badly cut fingers

It works great, far superior sound to the phone or tablet alone

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #9,682 of 9,811
This is my first headphone amp, based on the Appeared 47 with a gain of 2 setup to run my daughters AKG K551s

I used Panasonic FM and Vishay caps, opa2134 and buf634 and built it on proto board

I was in the process of making a hardwood enclosure for it when I had an unfortunate slip with the bench saw leaving me with a somewhat damaged block of wood and some badly cut fingers

It works great, far superior sound to the phone or tablet alone

Hope nothing serious about your fingers.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #9,690 of 9,811
  Cardas 2 x 23.5 awg?    

Yes indeed! I got a good 30-40 feet of it when Soniccraft had it on clearance. Great for internal wiring whenever a shield is needed. Takes a little bit of effort to prepare with the layers of tape to remove and the enamel to burn off, but totally worth it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back