biggrin.gif

Works well with DT-770pro.
Here's som pics:

mh1.jpg

mh4.jpg

mh7.jpg

Ps: Thanks to N_Maher for great help
smily_headphones1.gif

Is that the hammond case with the plastic end panels? I made my MH with the clear aluminum and alum end panels, and it was hard to work with. I wonder if the black plastic would look good. I didn't think that the aluminum-colored plastic would look that good.

Apr 26, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #1,127 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy
I didn't think that the aluminum-colored plastic would look that good.

They don't make aluminum colored plastic, all the plastic end panels are black.

1455R_B.jpg

Apr 26, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #1,128 of 9,811
The Hammond cases i have used are all aluminum.
The case,the top,front & read are black anodized alu. The frame that sits around the front & read cover are black plastic. I was planning to go without the plastic frame,but the black cases came "factory scratched" ,so i didn't look nice
frown.gif

Apr 26, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #1,129 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by jl123
Isn't that a hammond of some kind?

It doesn't look like it.

Apr 26, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #1,130 of 9,811

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #1,131 of 9,811
Had some stuff laying around, and finally picked up 2 switches. 3 inputs and 3 outputs, with Leds to tell me which I selected. It uses a 9 volt battery (slide out tray) to power the leds. Made a little mistake of using 10000mcd leds though, too bright. Gotta fix that sometime, this is quite annoying. Anyways, handy little bugger it is.
biggrin.gif

sw1.jpg

sw2.jpg

sw3.jpg

sw4.jpg

sw5.jpg

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #1,134 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind
Had some stuff laying around, and finally picked up 2 switches. 3 inputs and 3 outputs, with Leds to tell me which I selected. It uses a 9 volt battery (slide out tray) to power the leds. Made a little mistake of using 10000mcd leds though, too bright. Gotta fix that sometime, this is quite annoying. Anyways, handy little bugger it is.
biggrin.gif

photophotophotophotophoto

You got a diagram for this or is it a simple pass through switch? 3 different inputs can be outputted to three different outputs depending on what switch is where?

I've been meaingin to make one of these for a while. I love the look of this one. that'll look damn sexy on my desk.

Cheers
Armers

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #1,135 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind
biggrin.gif

May I ask, what case is that?

Apr 28, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #1,137 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armers
You got a diagram for this or is it a simple pass through switch? 3 different inputs can be outputted to three different outputs depending on what switch is where?

I've been meaingin to make one of these for a while. I love the look of this one. that'll look damn sexy on my desk.

Cheers
Armers

There are 2 switches, one which chooses the inputs and the other the outputs. They are simple pass trough switches, it's a 4x3 switch. 4 channels, 3 choices. Respectively for Right channel, Left, ground, and the leds.
Diagram is in here:

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/da...x3_CK-1052.pdf

Apr 28, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #1,138 of 9,811
At times I'm unfaithful to headphones amps and go see their older sisters
wink.gif

Bad pics (but light!) for a surprisingly good little amp.

PICT0080.JPG

PICT0085.JPG

PICT0083.JPG

It is a "symasym", as per this website : http://www.lf-pro.net/mbittner/Sym5_...ymasym5_3.html . Mine uses a +/-29VDC supply, so it's around 50W into 8ohms. There's a simple preamp integrated (a pair of opa2132 in unity gains serving as buffers for the balance/volume controls). Total cost around 200€ in parts (the case was cheap
wink.gif
and didn't use a lot of exotic parts, except for two alps pots).

Extremely "clean" sound. It's fast and dynamic, not a lot of euphony to find in it (which is good because the wharfie 8.1 I'm using have enough of it). I'll need more time to evaluate it, but it beats the usual entry level amps with utter ease (nad 320bee, cambridge A300 and the like). PMA made a detailled review of it : http://web.telecom.cz/macura/review.htm

Apr 28, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #1,139 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
May I ask, what case is that?

It doesn't have a proper brand name, I ordered it from www.conrad.com. It's order number is 522945 - 8A (site doesn't allow deeplinking to content). It's a well built case, fairly heavy but easy to work on. Has a sloth for euro-type pcb cards. Should be good for a medium sized amp aswell.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #1,140 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
In my ever growing effort to get crap done before the national meet I decided that I'd build a switch box tonight so that my one, decent, source could feed the three amps that I want to feed with it. Total build time was between 2 and 3 hours, I stopped several times to eat, drink and be merry. The results - a switch box with a single input and three outputs controlled by a rotary switch which points to each output as it cycles through them.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Tested it tonight briefly and it works like a charm!

Nate

Nate,
I'm looking to build a few different selector boxes to do some amp testing, and I was wondering what RCA jacks you used on yours. Thanks
bperboy

Edit: Also, did you tie together the grounds or use a 3p switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back