Post pics of your builds....
Jul 25, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #8,116 of 9,811

Quote:
R2 to R5 Resistor using DIP Socket housing for gain experiment, may be I should using socket for the caps too?
I use OPA2134PA now, but LM358 still sounding a nice result in this second build (at least better than the first build).

Now using Stereo pot. But this pot is too big, since I reuse the tin from the first build and the DIP socket also eat more space, I have to remove the LED.

Adding DC power jack to save battery when I'm at home.

Based on the tutorial, I have to seal the ground from the tin surface. So I use electrical tape and small rubber hose.

What tutorial did you use to help you build your CMoy? I'm using the TangentSoft guide. I like the little holders you have for the resistors, where did you find a pair? I'm waiting to get some wire and I'll see how *bad of a* solder job I do. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #8,117 of 9,811
the holders are just ic sockets you can find them at radioshack

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #8,119 of 9,811
i think they probably have to be the cheaper radioshack type though. i dont think the good machined ones will work.

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #8,120 of 9,811

Quote:
What tutorial did you use to help you build your CMoy? I'm using the TangentSoft guide. I like the little holders you have for the resistors, where did you find a pair? I'm waiting to get some wire and I'll see how *bad of a* solder job I do. 
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm using Tangent's guide too.
Just like what kchapdaily said, I use IC socket/DIP socket. You can buy it in any major electronic parts shop.

Btw, another build, resistors and caps are more cheaper in my country :D
This one is using Alps RK097 pot (the one with switch).

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #8,121 of 9,811

Quote:
I'm using Tangent's guide too.
Just like what kchapdaily said, I use IC socket/DIP socket. You can buy it in any major electronic parts shop.

Btw, another build, resistors and caps are more cheaper in my country :D
This one is using Alps RK097 pot (the one with switch).

Nice! It looks fantastic. The CMoy I'm planning to build will also use an RK097 potentiometer.

Jul 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #8,124 of 9,811

Quote:
DIY?

If you go back a few pages you'll see that FullCircle is an IEM magician and regularly uses witchcraft to produce his treasures.

Jul 29, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #8,125 of 9,811
heres my starving student

working on finding a better volume knob :p i found this one at my local electronics store

Jul 29, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #8,129 of 9,811
its cherry
smily_headphones1.gif

ill take some pics of the inside tomorrow but i didnt do p2p i used a proto board from ratshack :p

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #8,130 of 9,811

Quote:
its cherry
smily_headphones1.gif

ill take some pics of the inside tomorrow but i didnt do p2p i used a proto board from ratshack :p

user TestSubject would probably be interested in seeing your protoboard layout...
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/561994/sripboard-design-starving-student-millett-hybrid-vacum-tube-amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back