Post pics of your builds....
Dec 11, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #3,916 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks. yes, they are vishays from digikey. they're pretty, huh?
wink.gif

that was a previous build and I used almost entirely just that R series. had to go with a 'vishay equiv' for the 1M since that's not in the shiny-dark-blue series, it seems ;(

I think they were not too cheap - over a quarter each. for a resistor, that seems obscene to me, but I don't use *that* many of them.

Do you remember what series they are (PN, Mouser PN)?

Thanks

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #3,917 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks. yes, they are vishays from digikey. they're pretty, huh?
wink.gif

that was a previous build and I used almost entirely just that R series. had to go with a 'vishay equiv' for the 1M since that's not in the shiny-dark-blue series, it seems ;(

I think they were not too cheap - over a quarter each. for a resistor, that seems obscene to me, but I don't use *that* many of them.

Do you remember what series they are (PN, Mouser PN)? The CMFs that I bought were all 1%, such as 71-CMF5510K000FHEK.

Thanks

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #3,918 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you remember what series they are (PN, Mouser PN)?

Thanks

I think I simply followed tangent's part #'s literally on digikey. on my first build I didn't know what parts to order so I took his list very literally
wink.gif

and the blues are what I got. oh wait - well - you know what I mean
wink.gif

here's a link to one of them:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...MF3.32KQFCT-ND

CMF3.32KQFCT-ND

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #3,920 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pabbi,

What case is that?

I have been looking for really nice cases and a good transformer cover. Ideally all aluminum with good lines. Right now I am looking at using AL-420S from V4TC. If there are cheaper options that are just as nice, that would be awesome!

The tranny cover is from vt4c - about 2x too tall, but I'll chop it down eventually. The case is navy surplus, and I got two for $40 shipped off eBay. Just a once in a year find.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #3,922 of 9,811
Finally home made buffers and stupid mistakes aside it works and don't they sound good!!
The blue led's a little aggressive but I really know its on
L3000.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #3,924 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred_fred2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally home made buffers and stupid mistakes aside it works and don't they sound good!!
The blue led's a little aggressive but I really know its on
L3000.gif

I can't quite tell - what chips are you using for buffers? those are home etched adapters?

looks good.

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #3,925 of 9,811
using OPA633's on home etched adapters, I had to make a right hand and left hand version because of the layout. They sound great and run cool.

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #3,926 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred_fred2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
using OPA633's on home etched adapters, I had to make a right hand and left hand version because of the layout. They sound great and run cool.

Pics?

Dec 15, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #3,927 of 9,811
Attachment 11511Here are the boards sorry about the quality I use PCB Artist but you get the idea, because they are home etched single sided and very small I soldered the pins first from the top then put on the chip and sort of surface soldered it from the top.
On the OPA 633 pin 6 needs to be tied to ground or (-), pins 2, 3 & 7 are not connected and on the BUF634 Pins 5 & 8 are also not used so I was able to use those positions to help with the routing.

Anyway bottom line they work a treat.

If you want to use the design to become a multi-millionaire feel free
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #3,930 of 9,811

Users who are viewing this thread

Back