Few pics of a MOSFET Max I recently finished:
MaxInHand.jpg

mosfetMax1.jpg

mosfetMax2.jpg

mosfetMax3.jpg

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #3,347 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could say the same thing about the case...there's plenty of real estate in there.

I'm thinking something along the lines of upgradability...cmoy => cmoy+active ground => onwards and upwards, ever twirling. There's space for just about anything you want in there.

Absolutely. I'm thinking of it more as learning platform for electronics than a finished product. The parts could end up anywhere.

I was thinking about replacing the amp board with a PIMETA next.

The transformer seemed like a good deal, but I must admit to being suckered by the aesthetic appeal of the over-sized toroid
smily_headphones1.gif

The case is the coal-tray from a portable barbeque. I can't believe how expensive "real" cases are. (At least where I live).

Jun 15, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #3,349 of 9,811
Nice job fault51 and colin!

fault51: is the cable you are using the 2 conductor shielded teflon wrapped stuff? If so, how is your experience working with it? I always seem to have fun stripping the jacket without tearing up the shield!

Jun 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #3,350 of 9,811
Hey!
not much compared to the builds I've seen, but my first DIY amp.
Big thank you to Chu Moy, here's my 18V Cmoy

DSC00616.jpg

Got some new headphones today!?! (they sound great - can't wait for them to burn in!!)
DSC00618.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #3,351 of 9,811
And no picture of the GUTS!?!

rolleyes.gif

Nice box. What type of box did you use?

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #3,352 of 9,811
thank
smily_headphones1.gif

rolleyes.gif
sorry..
here's a shot of the "bottom" i can't get the top because it's held in place by the pot. Batteries are stuck using double sided tape.
Is it clear enough to see my shoddy soldering? never done any like it before, and the board absorbed all the heat!

DSC00625.jpg

The box is a plastic enclosure by maplin
One of these...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #3,353 of 9,811
I completed my 4x2 Passive Audio Switch this week. Labeling scheme has yet to be implemented. There was a ton of hum on the first test. I reviewed the useful comments by FallenAngel and AMB on my initial plans, and saw that I was having an obvious problem with the grounds. Fixed it a few minutes ago and it works as good as a Radio Shack unit!

DIYPassiveAudioSwitcherFront.jpg

DIYPassiveAudioSwitcherRear.jpg

DIYPassiveAudioSwitcherInside.jpg

Jun 20, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #3,356 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completed my 4x2 Passive Audio Switch this week. Labeling scheme has yet to be implemented. There was a ton of hum on the first test. I reviewed the useful comments by FallenAngel and AMB on my initial plans, and saw that I was having an obvious problem with the grounds. Fixed it a few minutes ago and it works as good as a Radio Shack unit!

I am sure with the nice connectors and switch, yours is much better than a Ratshack unit.
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #3,357 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice job fault51 and colin!

fault51: is the cable you are using the 2 conductor shielded teflon wrapped stuff? If so, how is your experience working with it? I always seem to have fun stripping the jacket without tearing up the shield!

hey sorry for the slow reoply, yeh it is the cable you mentioned. Its a bloody nightmare to strip (Well it was at first!). In have developed a more gentle approach as i worked on the amp.

cheers
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #3,359 of 9,811
I have a 10mm panel with lovely milled corners, its too thick for me to work on but i will sen it of to FPE, have a recessed know and jack etc. Its going to look good.

By the way, i did the case work with a $10 drill and step drill bit. They are a must have for all DIYers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back