Post pics of your builds....
Oct 21, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #2,626 of 9,811
Wow. Super nice work. I notice the Audio Technology theme on a couple of the amps. Fan of their speakers or an employee? Also looks like your into control line airplanes
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #2,627 of 9,811
Ummm.... Glowing-Tube all I have to say is wow, those are some fantastic designs.

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #2,628 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Super nice work. I notice the Audio Technology theme on a couple of the amps. Fan of their speakers or an employee? Also looks like your into control line airplanes
wink.gif

Yes I have been knowing Per Skaaning the last 25 years or so, I'm passing his workshop every day, when I'm driving to work. You got me, I also like to build model airplane, control line and RC-controlled.

Regards,

Torben

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #2,631 of 9,811
Thought I'd share a few pix of my PS1 mod's. So far I've bypassed the output stage using Vampire CCC wire through two 3.3uF Clarity Caps, installed better RCA's, and remote-mounted the power supply in a cast aluminum case. I've also installed the receiver for a remote in the #2 memory card slot.

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #2,632 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

YES - it looks like a McCoy redhead - now tell me where you know that. Controliners are a rare breed.
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #2,634 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES - it looks like a McCoy redhead - now tell me where you know that. Controliners are a rare breed.
wink.gif

Hi tomd

You have right it's an old McCoy redhead from the sixties, I have become it and other old motors like Cox, Os Webra and a few more from my father. Are you into Controliners also?

Regards,
Torben

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #2,635 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glowing-Tube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi tomd

You have right it's an old McCoy redhead from the sixties, I have become it and other old motors like Cox, Os Webra and a few more from my father. Are you into Controliners also?

Regards,
Torben

Yes.
wink.gif
I've flown combat and precision stunt since the mid-to-late '60's. I still have a couple of Fox Combat Specials, a Fox 35, etc.

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #2,637 of 9,811
This is a followup to my post 2570. I followed PinkFloyd's advice on his site, www.rock-grotto.co.uk, and replaced the caps on my tube buffer. I replaced the electrolytics with Pana FM's (had to use FC's for the little guys), and the film caps with Wima's. I put one of each of the old ones on top of a replacement to show the difference in size.

100_0511.jpg

100_0510.jpg

Pink wasn't kidding: it does make one heck of a difference. So far, I'm very impressed. For no more than I have invested in this (driven by my modd'ed PS1), it's soundin' astoundin'.

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #2,638 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeWa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glowing-Tube, are you willing to share the schematics of your 6AS7G amp.
I have a few of those tubes lying around for ages, maybe its time I can put them to use.

Best regards

Hi GeWa

Right now I'm not willing to share my schematics, because I will try to make a little production, just for fun. Perhaps I could be so lucky that I would be able to sell 10-50 of my amp. It have been up against the famous Rudistor RP-7, the sound of my amp was equal to the Rudistor, so I have hit the right design for my schematic.

Best regards,

Torben

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #2,640 of 9,811
My modest efforts at making CMoys

This was my first one. The two knobs are left and right volume because I couldn't find a double pot.

1stampbefore.jpg

This is after I borrowed the case for my third amp

1stampafter.jpg

This is my second CMoy, I call it the DaftMoy. I found some rca's at radioshack that looked like a step up from their usual crap, so I gave them a try.

DaftMoyOutsidewithCD.jpg

Here's the inside

daftmoyinside.jpg

Here's my latest, with 1/4 and 1/8 outputs, and rca and 1/8 inputs

3rdamp.jpg

and the inside

3rdampinside.jpg

On the DaftMoy, I didn't use a switch between the 2 inputs, i just wired them in series. Any disadvantages to doing it this way? On the third amp, I did use switches for both the inputs and the outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back