Post pics of your builds....
Dec 31, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #1,726 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks real neat. Thinking of making a similar switchbox. Would you like to share what switch you used and also what did you use for the wiring.

Thanks.

Yeah Sure, the switch I used is an Electroswitch brand 3P4T switch I ordered it from Digikey P/N: 451-1014-ND. The wire is brown teflon coated 20 AWG silver plated solid copper; I purchased it from John's Wire Shop he has a great selection of wire ad other doodads.

Let me know if theres anything else you want to know.

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #1,727 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by labmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wire is brown teflon coated 20 AWG silver plated solid copper; I purchased it from John's Wire Shop he has a great selection of wire ad other doodads.

Let me know if theres anything else you want to know.

Interesting, looks like "navships" is expanding his business, which is good news for us.

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #1,728 of 9,811
Had forgotten about this thread, here's a couple of pics of my switchbox, 2 inputs - 2 outputs:

switch_box_009s.JPG

switch_box_006s.JPG

Jan 1, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #1,729 of 9,811
As requested, here is some pics of the internal of my MH. Build with Kiwame resistors, Nichicon Muse KZ and Black Gate electrolytics capacitors, 1% polystyrene bypass caps, MKC for the output capacitors and of course a DB buffer. An ε12 muting delay circuit provides protection for the headphones. The amp is powered by an 27V PS.

IM000056.jpg

The MH main board.
IM000054.jpg

The MKC output capacitors on a separate board
340smile.gif
IM000055.jpg

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #1,730 of 9,811
WOW, absolute beauty! WOW!
eek.gif

Can we have a picture of the amp assembled and on?

This is a true showcase of skills. Congrats!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As requested, here is some pics of the internal of my MH. Build with Kiwame resistors, Nichicon Muse KZ and Black Gate electrolytics capacitors, 1% polystyrene bypass caps, MKC for the output capacitors and of course a DB buffer. An ε12 muting delay circuit provides protection for the headphones. The amp is powered by an 27V PS.

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #1,731 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW, absolute beauty! WOW!
eek.gif

Can we have a picture of the amp assembled and on?

This is a true showcase of skills. Congrats!
smily_headphones1.gif

Previous page, post 1717.

Stunning work, Ferrari.

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #1,735 of 9,811
Quote:

and you go for a 2-channels version (not 3-channels ?).

Initially I planned to build a 3 channel dual psu version but cut down my plans to reduce project costs.

Quote:

How is the sound comparing to your M³ ?

I posted a short review at headwize. The sound of amps with opamps in their voltage gain stage is strongly influenced by the sound of the opamp. Generally speaking I'm all but a fan of opamps in audio :X I'm rather a solid state guy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #1,736 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just finished my beta22 today:

front amp board psu

not much different from my Dynahi casework except the lightened volume knob, nevertheless, if you are interested and want to see more pictures head over to the gallery of my hp

That was fast steinchen. Looks very tidy and great as always.

Jan 2, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #1,739 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and where did you get the cool case?

Read this recent thread and you will get many links and ideas. The cases are from ATI, and their prices are actually quite reasonable (equals with regular hammond 1455 in our local prices). Only think is (of course) shipping costs from thailand, so you need to order many to "share" the shipping costs.

How much the shipping cost you Ferrari to Netherlands?

Jan 2, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #1,740 of 9,811
Quote:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...H/IM000056.jpg

The MH main board.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...H/IM000054.jpg

The MKC output capacitors on a separate board
340smile.gif
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...H/IM000055.jpg

Wow, beautiful build. I wanted to build a MH, but I don't have the money to do it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back