Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Feb 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #2,851 of 5,379
Just got the vinyl 2013 re-issue of the 1994 re-mix of the Bladerunner 

soundtrack by Vangelis. For vinyl lovers who are also into sub-bass, 

I can recommend this space music type recording. I'm not a big 

Vangelis fan but this may be his best with no corny tunes to suffer 

through.

Edit:  Thanks to MorbidToaster for the suggestion.

Just saw the movie on blu ray for the first time. It holds up well and looks beautiful. From time to time they play the film in theaters.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #2,852 of 5,379

Just saw the movie on blu ray for the first time. It holds up well and looks beautiful. From time to time they play the film in theaters.

Yeah, this is one movie that I hope never gets a remake. It's a classic and should stay that way :)

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #2,853 of 5,379
Yeah, this is one movie that I hope never gets a remake. It's a classic and should stay that way :)
. No one is brave or stupid enough to remake it.

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #2,854 of 5,379
gettin' there, been awhile since I have played with TT setup

gDNBU0C.jpg

DSe04cn.jpg

ew6Jbj6.jpg

gDNBU0C.jpg

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #2,858 of 5,379
  Just got the vinyl 2013 re-issue of the 1994 re-mix of the Bladerunner 
soundtrack by Vangelis. For vinyl lovers who are also into sub-bass, 
I can recommend this space music type recording. I'm not a big 
Vangelis fan but this may be his best with no corny tunes to suffer 
through.
[...]

I've got that soundtrack in so many shapes and forms (including that heavy red slab you have), it's ridiculous. I agree that much of Vangelis's work is difficult to get through, and this is by far the best of his soundtracks. But don't discount his early work like Spiral, which leans heavily into a Berlin-school sort of sound. Good stuff!

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #2,859 of 5,379
  gettin' there, been awhile since I have played with TT setup

ew6Jbj6.jpg

What speaker is that? Whats that awesome looking device under the turntable? Pics and description of your whole set up? 
wink_face.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #2,860 of 5,379
That's an Audiomods arm. Beautiful and very good value.

I like the setup too.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #2,862 of 5,379
  Based on a Rega RB1000, I believe.

No, the name of the company did escape my memory, arm type not: RB 250 ( or to be precise - the one without spring VTF adjustment that in Rega creates trouble after trouble after trouble...). It ( Audiomods) has MUCH better bearings than the stock RB1000.

http://www.audiomods.co.uk/completearms.html

The only way to improve upon this arm without basically starting from scratch (and increasing the cost beyond reason...) would be a counterweight along these lines:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTC-122gm-FITS-REGA-RB300-RB250-NAD-F-XR-GOLDRING-tonearm-UPGRADE-COUNTERWEIGHT-/111262034327?pt=Turntable_Parts_Accessorie

This style of counterweight is applicable to many other designs, most notable is the one for the otherwise excellent Hadcock unipivot tonearms, which are above royal level PITA to adjust for the azimuth in the first place - AND even more PITA to keep it that way long term. Design from this seller for Hadcock unipivots is both elegant and repeatable - and most important of all, should keep the adjustment over time well. With the usual improvement in sound this type of CW brings : better bass, soundstage, dynamic range, smoother treble - in short, an across the board improvement.

(No affiliation with the seller, I (used to) use DIY CWs of this type for decades).

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #2,865 of 5,379
  What a nice room and rig! I love the mess!
Are those the new Zu Cubes? I have never seen them in situ...they look very useful!
Cheers

My wife does not like the mess. The mess is sadly, now gone.

The Cubes, while unconventional, are amazing. I went with a Clarity Cap upgrade and I think the cabs are stacked birch. They disappear. I'm going to play around more with placement and some extreme-toe-in soon.

current setup, so as not to derail too much here but thanks! It's been a lot of work with a patient family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back