Feb 18, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #2,881 of 5,379
Alot of awesome TT!
I am spinning this old budget Dual 
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,882 of 5,379
  Alot of awesome TT!
biggrin.gif

Looks great, bet it sounds excellent.  However, we (meaning, I) need a better pic without the glare/shadow.  I know, I'm picky.

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #2,883 of 5,379
  Alot of awesome TT!
biggrin.gif

The forte of Duals is usually their high quality tonearms. Let down by "QuickDraw McGraw" cartridge fittings of one sort or another - these arms are capable of excellent results if these flimsy cartridge platforms are modified into something solid (and definitely NOT quick draw anymore...).

Pic of the arm, glare-free, up close ?

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #2,884 of 5,379
Duals were awesome...I had a 721 that was Direct Drive, suspended , rock steady speed, double damped arm AND..I got rid of the miserable sled contacts, rewired the arm and made NORMAL cart connections...sweet sweet...Built a wood base for it too...solid like a tank...LOL..but played like a feather...

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #2,885 of 5,379
  Duals were awesome...I had a 721 that was Direct Drive, suspended , rock steady speed, double damped arm AND..I got rid of the miserable sled contacts, rewired the arm and made NORMAL cart connections...sweet sweet...Built a wood base for it too...solid like a tank...LOL..but played like a feather...

Rob...beautiful...what do you do with all these beauties that you reinvigorate? 
They keep coming...
I'm imagining a museum in your basement or garage...cheers!

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #2,887 of 5,379
  Rob...beautiful...what do you do with all these beauties that you reinvigorate? 
They keep coming...
I'm imagining a museum in your basement or garage...cheers!

Par...I usually sell them - break even, lose money, get them good homes...LOL

THAT one in particular, the guy was restoring an old built in console but wanted a good turntable...he bought it and guess what ? it fit 100% slide in with the wood base. He thought he was going to have to remove it from the base, but no...It was as if I built it for him...lol...

I just enjoy doing it but I have slowed down ALOT...

I would like to restore another AR/XA...they are so easy and come out awesome...

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #2,889 of 5,379
Finally got the new Turntable set up....

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #2,891 of 5,379
Congrats, that's a nice set-up!  Hope you enjoy playing vinyl half as much as I do.  When I first started playing records I thought the music was a muted especially at the high end.  At first I asked myself, what's the big deal?  But I kept returning to analog playback and not in a conscious effort.  Pretty soon I was listening to it almost exclusively.  So I decided to make a comparison again.  The iphone, dac combo sounded shrill in comparison to my Dual, Shure V15 set-up. Your TT, arm, and cart are really nice.  Did you get a new album too?

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,892 of 5,379
Did you get a new album too?

Ummm...."A" new album?.....As in singular? 
biggrin.gif

This is Head-Fi! I think I bought about 20!

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #2,893 of 5,379

biggrin.gif

I bet your new TT got more turns last night than a Roulette wheel
tongue_smile.gif
in Vegas! 

And speaking of albums...
frown.gif

...I'm still waiting for my pre-order release of Janos Starker and the London Symphony Orchestra. I think I ordered it in August.

janos_starker_dvorak_cello_concerto.jpg

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #2,894 of 5,379

biggrin.gif

I bet your new TT got more turns last night than a Roulette wheel
tongue_smile.gif
in Vegas! 

And speaking of albums...
frown.gif

...I'm still waiting for my pre-order release of Janos Starker and the London Symphony Orchestra. I think I ordered it in August.

janos_starker_dvorak_cello_concerto.jpg

Janos is amazing....It'll be worth the wait.  I think I'll name the TT 32 Red....
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #2,895 of 5,379

Users who are viewing this thread

Back