Popular Classical Music
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #151 of 8,708
I heard these last night at a concert when the singer was having a little rest of her larynx - but in random order
wink_face.gif

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #152 of 8,708
Last 2 from me for a while as I have a truck load of work to do this week
tongue.gif

Edit: a direct quote taken from a comment made in the YT video below.

"The video was recorded during the Grafenegg Festival 2012, which is a major international Austrian festival of classical music. The festival takes place near the Grafenegg Castle, shown in the video."

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #157 of 8,708
Lol!

One of my favourite soundtracks of all time has been Basil Poledouris's Conan the Barbarian score. Love it. Here's an excerpt.

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EAFtiUoq6TE[/VIDEO]

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #162 of 8,708
Mr T, I think this first one is a little gem! (again just a little off-piste)

It sort of reminds me of when I was a little brat
angry_face.gif
in a pram and my mother had to pasify me to eat my gruel by dangling a little bell yoke in front of me.
blink.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #163 of 8,708
Listening to Greensleeves at the moment, I think I first heard it playing on an old wind-up music-box that we had when I was a child - before I broke it!

Ever since it has stuck in my head and will haunt me forevermore! 
angry_face.gif
blink.gif

3 random versions of it.

Edit: yet another random addition with nice little pictures.

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #164 of 8,708
A very fine violin concerto by Miklos Rosza (only 1st mvt has been posted, but I would encourage you to listen to the other movements)

The concerto was also adapted for the soundtrack to the film "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes"

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #165 of 8,708
Thanks Guys for all your posts! it is usually a thankless task posting on these music threads and the novelty can soon wear off.

The facilities here I think are second to none and it surprises me that more people do not join in and have a bit of fun.

This one is nice and relaxing with a dollop of sweet nectar thrown in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back