Popular Classical Music
May 22, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #6,275 of 8,750
Last weeks Friday concert video is now available here

Friday May 21st - Killian Farrell conducts Wagner and Bizet with the RTÉ NSO LIVE

Paul Herriott presents from the National Concert Hall, Dublin where the musicians of the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra and a host of Irish soloists will present a season of LIVE concert programmes.

Read more in tonight's Programme Notes

Wagner: Siegfried Idyll
Bizet: Symphony no. 1 in C

RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
Killian Farrell (conductor)

We also celebrate World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development. Paul brings us a concert by Jordi Savall, an EU ambassador for inter-cultural dialogue."ORPHEUS XXI – Music for life and dignity" is an artistic and educational action plan, designed as a replicable learning platform, for the integration of young refugees having musical knowledge or talent. Together with some of Jordi Savall collaborators, participants on this project will perform the intercultural repertoire resulting of their work.

Intro starts at 2' 30''

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #6,276 of 8,750
It is really about finding out what appeals to you through trial and error and enjoying the journey.

From what you have said that you like, this piece immediately springs to mind.

Aaron Copland - "Fanfare for the Common Man" Conductor: Sir Gilbert Levine - Orchestra of St. Luke's

BTW, I have heard this live a few times over the last 20 years or so - but I detictively remember missing it one evening (and another really well known cello piece), when the start time of the concert suddenly changed from the usual 8pm Friday to 7:30pm. Was I a little fluffed off that day!

Thanks. Loved it.

May 23, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #6,282 of 8,750
Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker, Op. 71a: VIII. Waltz of the Flowers with George Balanchine´s choreography and the New York City Ballet

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back