Popular Classical Music
May 29, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #6,301 of 8,758

Friday May 28th - Mahler, Korngold and Mendelssohn with Jaime Martín and Tara Erraught

Chief Conductor Jaime Martín returns for a programme that begins with the Adagietto from Mahler's Fifth Symphony, followed by Korngnold’s 6 Einfache Lieder (Six Simple Songs) performed by mezzo soprano Tara Erraught and Mendelssohn’s First Symphony.

Read more in tonight's Programme Notes.

Mahler Adagietto from Symphony 5.
Korngold Einfache Lieder
Mendelssohn Symphony No.1

Tara Erraught (mezzo-soprano)
Jaime Martin (conductor)
RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra at the NCH, Dublin

1622271790693.png

Intro starts at 2' 35''

May 29, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #6,303 of 8,758
Hello LM this time RTE recording Sound Quality is now much better than before?
I really like it. I think it's very musical. Thank you LM.
I agree with you Mr Pokemonn but there is still room for improvement. The SQ seems to be a bit haphazard from week to week.

I reckon that the programme notes can be quite interesting and you could copy and paste them into google translate.

Are there any concerts in Japan that you could post? We welcome a variety of all kinds of everything from all parts of the World. :darthsmile:

BTW, I would also like to thank Mr Wskl @wskl for all of his contributions and support on this thread since the start (like Head1). He is having a well earned break.

This thread started from nowhere and we will continue our journey to nowhere and beyond - but most importantly have a bit of fun in the meantime.

May 30, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #6,313 of 8,758
Wow very pleased I happened upon this thread! When I read members impressions of headphones and IEMs, it's pretty rare when their stated music is classical. I listen to all types of music, but 2/3 time to a wide range of classical, so this is the basis upon which I assess my gear. I'll be tuning in to several of the suggestions in this thread. Thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back