PopPulse headphone amp?
Sep 16, 2010 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MadCow

100+ Head-Fier
I see this amp available at CryoParts and ALO Audio, but no mention about it at all on Head-Fi. So...

...Any owners?

...And how does it compare with other 9V battery amps (RSA Hornet, RSA SR-71, iBasso D4, Graham Slee Voyager, etc)?

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey Now,

I just gave one away for free. linky It was a fairly powerful, forward sounding amp. The opamps blew out on mine and I replaced them with the opamps from my stock Aune (LM6171). It seemed to be more powerful and the mids and highs were still forward. The battery life is about 20 hours on the 2 9 volts. You need to remove 2 allen head bolts off the rear to access the batteries. It is a beefy/hefty little unit. The body is die-cast aluminum. It was about the size of an iTouch. 

Since I got mine free from Skylab, I passed it on for the same. Would I buy one? Naw, I don't think so. I think there are better amps for the same price point. I didn't like it mainly for the heft of the unit and forward sounding mids and highs. My Vivid Technologies V1 sounded much better and it is about 100 bucks new and more versatile to boot since it is a DAC as well. Good luck in your search for a good kit.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back