POLL Something about sept. 11th
Jan 13, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #17 of 96
ai0tron > as soon as I can, I'll scan the article "That's what they want you to believe : why are conspiracy theory so popular", from the Christmas edition of "The Economist", it could be for you.

A small joke:

"Two Jews are reading newspapers in Tel-Aviv. One is reading a anti-semitic newspaper". The other one asks him :"why do you read that **** ?" And the first one responds :"I used to read a paper like yours but it's depressing : always bombs, Sharon, and so on. This one is full of good news : we control the banks, Hollywood, the American politic, ..."

Jan 13, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #18 of 96
Quote:

"not a very tasteful subject" ugh, wow, thats just a really dense thing to say.

quote the whole sentence next time. i said -> Said that I do not think it is a very tasteful subject to talk here.

mad.gif
i said that because of the way the subjet was addressed, i do think it is a very important subjet, I simply do not like to talk about it as a conspiracy theory....

m.

edit-> I am not american and it afected me too
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2003 at 4:24 AM Post #21 of 96
never ceases to amaze me how far some will go to bad mouth Bush because they still are pissed about the election.

Our pres would have to be a subhuman monster with no morals or soul for something like that to be even remotely true.

The only ones that fit that description are those who perpetrated the act . And they are still running and hiding

as far as "facts" go , just depends on which side of the fence you are on . people with an agenda can always find others that agree with them , and in thier paranoa blame everything on "the hidden government" or just "THE MAN"

But your opinion , right or wrong is fine . Beleive what you want and debate it.

Just keep it civil or this thread gets locked . No name calling guys.

Rickasaurus Rex

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #24 of 96
I believe that the CIA had wind of a terrorist operation in the works, but they didn't gather enough information in time to prevent the attack. That is a far cry from saying they knew about the attack and let it happen!

Jan 13, 2003 at 7:19 AM Post #25 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
Almost as enlightening as this "poll."
rolleyes.gif

haha! true..

They probably knew about heightened terrorist activity around then, but not exactly WHAT it was..

Jan 13, 2003 at 9:58 AM Post #26 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
I believe that the CIA had wind of a terrorist operation in the works, but they didn't gather enough information in time to prevent the attack. That is a far cry from saying they knew about the attack and let it happen!

This is kinda what I think too.

Jan 13, 2003 at 11:35 AM Post #27 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
The definition of faith is that you have total conviction in something of witch you are, by nature, completely ignorant.

Main Entry: faith
Pronunciation: 'fAth
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural faiths /'fAths, sometimes 'fA[th]z/
Etymology: Middle English feith, from Old French feid, foi, from Latin fides; akin to Latin fidere to trust -- more at BIDE
Date: 13th century
1 a : allegiance to duty or a person : LOYALTY b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2 a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs
synonym see BELIEF
- in faith : without doubt or question : VERILY

www.merriam-webster.com

The portion in bold seems to most closely approximate your definition of faith. There is a signifcant difference between belief in something for which there is no proof, and believing in something of which you are totally ignorant. To be ignorant of something is to lack knowledge in a subject which can be known, i.e., for which there is proof. To accept something on faith is to accept a proposition for which there is no proof, which implies that the person of faith cannot be ignorant of the thing they have faith in.

Jan 13, 2003 at 11:53 AM Post #28 of 96
After significant reading of Kennedy assassination related material and touring the TSBD and grassy knoll area three times, I have concluded that the shootings most certainly could have been accomplished by a single gunman from the top floor of the building. This does not imply that the gunman could not have had accomplices, or even that Oswald HAD to be one of the shooters. I think that had Oswald stood trial, there was sufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he was indeed guilty of killing the president. There is plenty of evidence linking the Mannlicher-Carcano to Oswald and plenty of evidence indicating that that was the rifle that was used to kill the President and wound Governor Connaly. Plus, Oswald's actions after the shooting are pretty clear evidence that he was very nervous about something. You may interpret this as nervousness about a plot against him, but it is much more plausible to believe that his actions resulted from a pitiful attempt to escape justice.

About 9/11......there is NO evidence, even peripherally, that would indicate that the Bush administration or the CIA was aware of imminent danger to the WTC or Pentagon and chose to allow an attack that they suspected to occur to happen. Any notions to the contrary reveal the personal prejudices of the person uttering the notion.

Jan 13, 2003 at 1:28 PM Post #29 of 96
rickcr42, you've assumed this before and you're wrong. Not everybody dislikes Bush because they are pissed about the election. Plenty of people don't think Gore would have done any better (myself included, what a lame duck he would have been) but Bush is just an idiot. There's a clown running the country and it's wrong to ignore that just because you don't like the alternative.

Not that this will change any time soon. It's the way two-party politics works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back