Please vote - UM Miracle, JH13, ES5 or UE Capitol for ljokerl?
Jan 6, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #91 of 110

Quote:
Why don't you make a poll? Lots of people like to voice their opinion on polls but don't like posting it in words..

Yea, we should just create a new thread with a poll and leave that open for a few days. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #92 of 110

Quote:
Quote:
Why don't you make a poll? Lots of people like to voice their opinion on polls but don't like posting it in words..

Yea, we should just create a new thread with a poll and leave that open for a few days. 

rawrster told me that he wants to resolve matters first on this thread and then open a new one for the fund. I think this is fine since opening three separate threads for this - or any issue in general - is frankly unnecessary.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #93 of 110
Hmmm...three possible schools of thought:

1.  Everyone that wants a review on the UM Miracle invests/gifts $10 for him to try them, but that could take a while...
2.  JH13 is the most reviewed iem, a worthy gift, and sort of a "Gold Standard." Could serve as a baseline for all of his future reviews and since many understand what the JH13 is about, this could be helpful to most.

OR

3.  We get Joker the UE Reference Monitors which are <designed to be as neutral as possible> and this might serve as the best baseline for comparing with/to other phones.  (Also, there are not that many reviews of the UE Reference Monitors out there by established Head-Fiers...)

My vote is #3 UE Reference Monitors.

Thanks, Joker for all of your reviews and the thousands of answers you have probably provided to everyone!

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #95 of 110
I think the JH13 is a great baseline but it has been compared to many other headphones already. And ljokerl has reviewed many of those "other headphones". In other words, I think the comparisons already exist. So I think we should get him something that is more in line with his preferences (i.e. bright, analytical, tight, etc.); the UM Miracle seems to do that pretty well.

@rawrster Don't count the above as a vote, I already voted earlier.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #96 of 110
Looks like this is the tally so far:

um miracle - 8
jh13- 2
es5 - 1 (goodvibes?)
ue capitol - 3

Are there only 14 people on this whole forum that are interested in picking which high end custom he will review? We'll likely not have another chance at this so if you have something to say then speak it up.  I know a lot of people are interested in this but would rather stay nameless and out of the politics.  Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of putting a poll up (at least on this thread) for people to easily choose so you will have to stand up and voice how you feel.  It's a shame but at this rate it'll be probably decided by less than 20 people. 

The result is we're trying to give back to joker for what he has done and the community can really benefit from it but if less than 20 people are the only voices we can get then we might as well let joker choose for himself.  I was under the assumption that this thread would be bustling when it came to the voting.  Since that's the case I'll keep my vote for the jh13 but I'd much rather have joker choose it now. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #98 of 110
Ok, I'll put in my vote for the UM Miracle. 

I think the JH13 have had a lot of attention, the ES5 seemed to have some sort of problems (this is from reading older threads) and the UE Capitol provokes completely irrational aversion.

Whatever it is, I'll chip in something. |joker|'s reviews have been really helpful guides in my adventures in iems.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #99 of 110
You can change my vote tho the JH13. I only brought up the ES5 because it was newer and also from the same region as the Joker. I just found it odd that there was a JHA and UE but not the Westone which I've not heard. I think a separate poll thread is a great idea. Perhaps even limit voting to those that are willing to contribute some minimum amount regardless of the outcome. A vote is a commitment.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #100 of 110
If there's a vote someone else create the thread :p I guess you can't edit the first post to create a poll?

I think ljokerl will enjoy any of the products chosen really. I'll put in regardless since ljokerl has been a great help to the community although probably not so much for my iem search as others here.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #101 of 110

Quote:
If there's a vote someone else create the thread :p I guess you can't edit the first post to create a poll?

I think ljokerl will enjoy any of the products chosen really. I'll put in regardless since ljokerl has been a great help to the community although probably not so much for my iem search as others here.

I'm about to head out the house but yea we'll definitely get a new thread with a poll created tonight.  The OP has definitely set things into motion and we'll make sure to properly follow through.  However, this thread is just about finished so the new thread will be linked in here shortly.

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #102 of 110
Someone didn't include my vote.

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #104 of 110
Can I get some input? It's almost the weekend and the Miracle does have the most interest. I want to start the thread tomorrow or Sunday and there are two options:

1) I could create the thread and have the Miracle as the end product
2) create the thread with a poll (since a lot of people have expressed interest and there was no poll thread created) and have it up for a week or so as well as the rest of the information about the donation and stuff.

I did want to have an clear goal in mind before starting the thread so I know who to get in contact with as well as how to proceed and what exactly we are striving for. I prefer option 1 but I would like some input.

@Parrots: whenever I create the thread tomorrow or Sunday I will send you a PM linking you to the thread and there will be information on it which will let you know how to proceed.

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #105 of 110
Put a thread with a poll up man, I was gonna do it but ended up getting busy with work and school work.  Also I think it'd be best if you did it anyways considering you're the pretty much the main one in charge of this so you can write the details down.

Leave that thread up for a week and we'll proceed from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back