Please pray for Kina
Mar 3, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #46 of 74
I know how you're feeling Jon and my thoughts are with you.... losing a member of the family is always very upsetting but when that member of the family has a wagging tail it's even more upsetting.

Sorry to hear about your loss Jon.

Mike.

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #47 of 74
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are so loyal and the way they look at you with those big "brown" eyes. Their so innocent.

Though I don't know you personally, from this forum, I would imagine that Kina had a very good life and was well taken care for. Kina was lucky to have you and your family as well.

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #48 of 74
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Kina's love was unconditional and you don't find that elsewhere in this world. She had a beautiful brown-eyed look. Please remember that Kina always knew you needed a girl like her. One big reason our family has two regular four-legged members is so the old boy has one to help him through the loss of the other. May I offer our Jenny's epitaph?

Kina - Four-Legged Angel.

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #49 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Is there some sort of etiquette for how long before a "replacement" pet (yes, there really is no such thing) is adopted?

I know our dog is getting closer and closer to the end, she is quite old and has been getting more frequent medical problems.

My wife owned this dog before we even met, so it will be devasting for her moreso. Just wondering how soon is too soon to get another dog, or if there is such as thing as too soon.

-Ed

I would wait till your wife suggests getting a new dog. We lost our dog in december and though my wife (and I ) was really upset , within a few weeks she wanted to get a new dog. We both still miss the old guy but having another creature to care for does help a lot.

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #50 of 74
JMT,

I am so sorry for your loss, but God bless you for making the brave decision and sparing her more pain.

Ed,

Don't borrow trouble. When the time comes, you will know the right time to get a new pet.

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #51 of 74
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

--Author Unknown

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #52 of 74
Jon,

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

It still hurts thinking about taking my first dog to the vet for the last time. He was a black lab...huge, and yet the sweetest animal you'd ever meet. He also became quite ill (they assumed it was cancer). I remember picking him up to put him in the car, how he was all skin and bones. I knew he wasn't coming back home, and it broke my heart.

I was also there with him when they gave him the injection. To this day, I feel awful thinking about it. I was 18 then...that was more than 20+ years ago.

I suppose one could say that your dog will not suffer now, but that doesn't seem to make it any better, does it? When I'm feeling down about it, I remember the fun we had together

You and your family are in my thoughts. Again, I'm very sorry.
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #54 of 74
Jon, I am so sorry to hear this. I too was hoping she would be okay.
You did the right thing. Be proud that you had the courage to save her from suffering.

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #55 of 74
All Dog's go to heaven...

Human Beings need to write a test...

Jon - you will never find her missing...always just around the corner. Wish I could do something about this but I cant and that sucks
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #56 of 74
After reading Jon and MetalMan's posts, I'm on the verge of tears and I do not cry easily. I'm so sorry and I will agree with the earlier post about getting another puppy. It won't replace Kina, but it will help fill the void and bring happiness in this time of grief. Before you know it, you'll have formed a bond with the new pup and will have a new best friend.

We're right there with you Jon.
grouphug.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #57 of 74
I know how it is. I love my dog too. I will say a prayer.

Mar 4, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #58 of 74
Pets are every bit members of the family. Those who have not shared the joy of having an animal as a family member have missed one of the greatest joys in life. My sincere condolensces Jon and family.

Mar 4, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #59 of 74
I am so sorry for the bad news Jon. At least she's in a better place now. All dogs go to Heaven. Be strong old pal and send our love to your family.

Mar 4, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #60 of 74
Jon, so sorry. I really can't think of anything else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back