Please pray for Kina
Mar 3, 2005 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
We had to take our 10 year old yellow lab into the 24 hour emergency vet this morning (around 4:00am). Her back legs seem to be quasi-paralyzed, she hasn't eaten in 24 hours, and she hasn't moved from her blanket. The vet called and said that the x-rays showed some fluid in her abdomen but they need to do some more tests. They are keeping her overnight. I am afraid that we are going to have to make the decision that I have been dreading.

I want to cry.....

kina.jpg

Mar 3, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 74
JMT, I am sorry to hear about Kina. I am not religious but my thoughts are with you. I know the feeling as one of my dogs has an illness that is mostly under control but at times is not and requires iv fluids when he goes into crisis.

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #5 of 74
Another prayer just went up from Ohio. I have three dogs and three cats and they may as well be family members. We have a 16 year old Border Collie mix named Rex who is getting so weak I know someday soon he may not be around. I can relate and I hope things turn out well for you.

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #6 of 74
My thoughts are with you and poor Kina. Come on girl, hang in there, if they can find the problem there will be a better day.
frown.gif

Seriously, our dog is like our daughter, there's denying that pets are members of the family.

So what do you know at this point? Is it neuro or are other systems affected?

We're all hoping for the best for you and Kina.

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 74
i asked my shiba to give a special prayer out to Kina. i hope all will be well!

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 74
Jon - I know this is going to be hard but no matter what happens - try to remember the good times and you will never feel bad. My black lab passed on at the age of 11 and we still think he is just around the corner because of all the good times we had with the bloke. His name was Simba and he just LOVED kids (Dad is a paediatrician so we always had kids around the house)...kids could go near him when he was eating or drinking but if any of us went close to him - Snap
tongue.gif
LOL

See...I can still laugh thinking about the guy...he had many nicknames...stinker (when he was really young he had this sour cream and milk smell going
tongue.gif
) was one of them
wink.gif

Whatever time you have on hand is what you need to spend with this member of the family. Share the love...

Best regards,

gs

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
See...I can still laugh thinking about the guy...he had many nicknames...stinker (when he was really young he had this sour cream and milk smell going
tongue.gif
) was one of them
wink.gif

I used to call my Welsh Springer 'stinky' GS - Due to his odour after he'd been out in the rain/swimming
tongue.gif
He had to be put to sleep about 3 years ago now
frown.gif
(funny old dog - growled all the time... excited,happy,playing,scared - always a growl!) I have an enlargement of a black and white print of him i took while he was sitting across my dads lap one day looking straight into the camera lens (he's growling btw!).It's hung up on the landing and he 'watches' me whenevr i go past
smily_headphones1.gif

Back on topic - My thoughts are with you JMT and kina - Fingers x'd for you both.

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #10 of 74
JMTdude>I am sorry to hear about your dog and hope it recovers. But if the time comes to make that decision then do it and end it for Kina. It's the right thing to do.

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #11 of 74
Prayers are with you and your sweet Kina.

Mar 3, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #14 of 74
I had to put my dog to sleep about 2 years ago.

She was 15 years old, and it was really screwedup and i hated it. Yet, seeing her all messed up and in pain was even worse. AS harsh as it is, being the person who gives care means you also have to make a decision for her best interest, and let her go in grace rather then in torture.

Sorry for your problem.

Mar 3, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #15 of 74
My thoughts and meditations go out to you and Kina. I hope she pulls through.

We've had agood many trips to the vet even though our dog is about 8 months old. Everytime I look at her I remember to cherish her because one day it'll break my heart.

I hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back