Playaz N1
Jul 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #454 of 506
I finally received my AR100s. They were on sale... and at less than $30 shipped to my house, I expected very little. 

They are quite awesome! I use less EQ with these than James recommended, and on my Iphone 3GS I use treble booster rather than the bass reducer. Its not a perfect solution for the 3GS but its far better than the bass reducer option. 

Right now my EQ settings through my computer are... -4db@31hz, -9@62hz, -7@125, -6@250, -4@500, -2@1k, -1@2k, flat above that... and that gives me the sound I like, more or less. I'm still playing with these settings, and the phones will probably change.

I hear detail through these that I don't hear through anything else... and with tons of bass impact.

They sound so good that I can appreciate music I thought I didn't like... that amazes me.

Jul 29, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #455 of 506
^ Hi Grimloki, congratulations! Some time after my post about the AR100 I found out that they are in fact slighly different sounding from the Sonia II and need less EQ - so you're spot-on. Glad you're enjoying them!
smile.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #456 of 506

Quote:
^ Hi Grimloki, congratulations! Some time after my post about the AR100 I found out that they are in fact slighly different sounding from the Sonia II and need less EQ - so you're spot-on. Glad you're enjoying them!
smile.gif

I would really like to hear the TD100s. I'm going to wait till they are on sale, or attempt to talk Thomas down... :)

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #457 of 506
I just got my TD100's. The driver flex on the left is so annoying. I've never had any such problem with my old phones (CX300). What have you guys done to address this? I'm thinking about getting a hairpin to pin the cable to my collar just before it splits.

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #458 of 506
^ Driver flex is perhaps the most annoying weakness of these budget phones. I wear all Playaz and Xears IEMs over the ear, even though it looks a bit goofy with that J-cord. Admittedly it's not that easy to do with the TD100, as their cable is very stiff. And yes, a shirt clip is another good option, but I prefer over-ear.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #459 of 506
So glad I stumbled accross this thread!

I am a basshead - my sony mdr-ex85's broke and i've been trying to replace them with something that has more bass.

I tried the M9's and the bass lacks punch/thump and the overall sound sig is too harsh, not as laid back as I'd like (like my sony's)

I don't know whether to go for the TM1pro, TD100 or N3.  I am after punchy impactful bass that I can feel as well as hear.

Lastly, how do these compare to hibbo VB (on max bass plate setting) in terms of overall bass quantity and quality (the thumpier the better).

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #460 of 506
I consider the N3 to be the best of the bunch. The N1 has little other than bass (and I am a basshead myself).

Aug 16, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #462 of 506
Hi! I am new here, but I already own a pair of N3s (plus several SoundMagics and a pair of Hippo VBs).

Currently there is a sale on Thomas' site.

The Playaz AR100 sell for 10 Euros. For that price I am really curious. I already ordered some. Some other models are on sale, too. (N3s sell for 12,90 Euros)

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #463 of 506
Wow after reading all these I'm definitely interested to try these out. But I've got a couple of questions.

Firstly out of all the Playaz which one would you all recommend me to get? I'm gonna try EQing and unleash their potential!

Secondly anyone knows where to get these babies in Singapore? Thanks so much :)

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #464 of 506
At this moment I can tell that the best of the bunch are the N3. Treble's detail/definition is better. By the other hand, bass impact and definition is higher on the TD100. Though pretty impactful on the N3 as well (I'm a bass-head). They sound more natural, too. But N3 don't fit everybody. They're big and can be uncomfortable for some of you.

Resuming, TD100 have more (and a bit better) bass, N3 have better treble and a more natural sound. At the end I prefer the N3.

TM1 Pro are junk (sorry Thomas :p).

@nothingtotalk, if you want to get them, you have to buy them from the playaz-audio.com website (Germany).

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #465 of 506
Good choice on the ar100s. They sound wonderful. There's a multiple-part harmony on the Band of Horses track 'Funeral' and they produce the harmonies beautifully, with impressive soundstaging, and even the beat frequencies created in that harmony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back