Playaz N1
Jul 6, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #422 of 506

Quote:
I'd say they're both fun, but with the RE0 I just enjoy the music and forget about the phones, while with the TD100 I enjoy the music but get distracted once in a while with the odd sound here, the lack of detail there.

Agreed

Quote:
Thanks guys. You are making me buy RE0...!

I don't know why you haven't yet :)
Allow yourself to get accustomed to the sound signature (don't be always switching from A to B to see which one is better) and you won't be disappointed!

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #423 of 506

Quote:
     Quote:

The only REO I've heard was the zero at CanJam and i probably dont like the HiFiman player or files they used. really etched and analytical. I suspect it wasn't the phnes and your right about them as I also think TD100s have extra bass but perhaps you shouldn't compare to your absolute favs. I thinks these are probably VG competition to monsters at a fraction of the price for those that like the sig. I actually find their bass less problematic. Perhaps they aren't quite as refined to some but they are fairly well balanced and detailed other than a bit extra at the lowest octaves. Especially for those using compressed files, the quality dif will be subtle and come down to preference. I may try to open them and add some damping foam to roll the bass etc. as these are for fun anyways.

Congrats to anyone that got them on sale. They're easily worth more than what he's asking on any level. They are still significantly cheaper than REO's, HF5s etc. More like PL-50 and that would be the competition with a completely different sig. I also suspect the TD100 more robust. That they are getting compared to the big boys at all is a nice compliment to the Xears.

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #424 of 506
Ok, just listened after breakin and forgot my other tips. I would call these slightly less refined than the very best and slightly bass heavy but not so much as some well thought of premium bass head models. I can tell these are close enough to neutral above the bass that tip rotation will dictate the overall character. Not bad for the $.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #425 of 506
Ok, got my tips and found decored olives pushed all the way over the nozzle and against the body worked best for me. There's enough surface area that they aren't the problem they usually are in staying put. Makes for a shallow and good seal without the soft tip blocking the nozzle. Someone else should check this as I can't go back but sealing the cable opening with silicone seemed to improve the bass. I only find them slightly warm and otherwise nicely balanced with vg but not absolutely top notch detail. Sounded pretty funky with some tips but good with most. Always surprises me.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #426 of 506
I agree, I'm using the decored olives and find them better than both the hybrid and the double flange.

Quote:
Ok, got my tips and found decored olives pushed all the way over the nozzle and against the body worked best for me. There's enough surface area that they aren't the problem they usually are in staying put. Makes for a shallow and good seal without the soft tip blocking the nozzle. Someone else should check this as I can't go back but sealing the cable opening with silicone seemed to improve the bass. I only find them slightly warm and otherwise nicely balanced with vg but not absolutely top notch detail. Sounded pretty funky with some tips but good with most. Always surprises me.

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #427 of 506
TD100 have an impressive sound. I had Sennheiser IE8 and TD100 doesn't sound much worse. N3 sound better though (treble, clarity and instrument separation).

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #428 of 506
I like them alot for the money but they still don't quite resolve for me the way a real top phone does(haven't heard IE8s) but it could just be breakin. After 50 hours, they don't quite sound like they 'let go' yet. I'd like them slightly drier but it's picking nits and they may get there. Thomas says something about a few hundred hours and I know neodymium magnets can take a while to settle in.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #429 of 506

Quote:
TD100 have an impressive sound. I had Sennheiser IE8 and TD100 sound better. Sound is cleaner, brighter, better clarity, mids have same quality and bass puts more wheight on sub-bass, providing more real sub-bass which is great. I love IE8's anyways. But TD100 are a bit better IMHO.

The TD100s are good but i honestly dont think they can be compared to something that ia a few times more expensive.

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #430 of 506

The TD100's and N3's are great for the money, but IMO they are not in the Sennheiser IE8's league.  While they both do certain things well, neither of them are as musical, fun or as well rounded as the IE8's in my ears.  They lack the soundstage of the 8's and the bass isn't as addicting or as detailed.  While they may have more sparkle with certain tips, overall they just can't match any of the top tier IEM's I've heard. The TD100's and N3's will hold me over until I purchase another top tier IEM, but they can't replace them.  They are a great purchase for their price and good for the beach, but I'm shopping for another top tier IEM as I type this.

(I only sold my IE8's to fund my headphone purchase (Grado 325i's) and I absolutely love those cans for home listening, but I miss the IE8's sound and their portability.)

Quote:
TD100 have an impressive sound. I had Sennheiser IE8 and TD100 sound better. Sound is cleaner, brighter, better clarity, mids have same quality and bass puts more wheight on sub-bass, providing more real sub-bass which is great. I love IE8's anyways. But TD100 are a bit better IMHO.

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #431 of 506
Another day of some pretty loud breakin and the TD100 is actually still improving in the ways I would like them too.  Sound a bit free-er and less congested today. I prefer them on my fuze though I generally think the touch is a better player so as has been mentioned, I don't think they'll ever get up to some the high price spread. Then again, I don't care for some of those as well.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 10, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #432 of 506
Opinions, opinions... We all have different ears/tastes. I have compared them exhaustively and I still prefer the TD100 considering such a price difference. IE8's bass quality is medium (not good or excelent). I don't think it has much definition. So, it's not better than TD100's bass. Mids are pretty much the same thing (excelent). Soundstage: pretty much the same to my ears. At the end I've sold the IE8's and I don't regret I did it. With that money I bought a new player.

Jul 16, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #435 of 506
been listening to the td100's for a few hours and man do they kick ass
with the right tips, the low bass rumble is crazy
it literally vibrates in your ears without a hint of distortion
im impressed especially for 20 euro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back