Playaz N1
Jul 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #406 of 506

Quote:

Have ask seller will produce 2 way sytems for 8.00 usd quality with a shure earphones.Seller say low cost productions name (shure) pay a lot of money... I need to buy only 1,000 pieces they would buy from me here in the thread which???

Can you translate that to english, please?

Jul 4, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #408 of 506
and it's also not true. You can like it something better but well made dual BAs aren't going to come that cheap in any quantity. I sometimes get this impression that people think a manufacturer will pay you if you take enough off their hands.
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 4, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #409 of 506
Got my TD100s and straight from the box, they're pretty well balanced and detailed but other peoples idea of a proper amount of bass is a bit much for me. Tried the foams and it was too thick. the stock small silicones aren't bad. I usually use med so if they aren't working try moving down and the seal may actually improve by not deforming as much. I'll reserve further comment until they have at least 50 hous and I try other tips. I use a Touch 64 with .wav or Fuze/rockbox with 320. Anybody have enogh time on these to describe the relative changes. Usually on break in, I find things develop a bit more texture, smoothness and extension with the bass getting warmer but moving it's emphasis to a lower register.

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #410 of 506
I've been using my TD100's for a few days now (they have been playing non-stop) and I can't notice any difference in the sound at all. I can tell as they sound so much like the N1's (when both eq'ed to my liking) I already have so its easy to compare and listen to any improvements.

It seems obvious to me that these are using identical drivers to my N1's, and the slight sound difference I can hear are simply down to construction differences.

If I'm honest the N1's sound better to me, but not that much in it and the TD100's are better constructed so probably not a waste buying them, I am a little disappointed in them though.

EDIT Just to say I've tried them on a zero DAC from my pc, sony-618f with LOD to fiio E7, and a rockbox'ed clip+

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #413 of 506
Guys, with the SONY Hybrids I have TWICE the MIDS provided with the Sennheiser double flange. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! I also have more bass, but the most impressive change are the mids. Now with the senns something is missing (mids). Sound is so poor...! What a difference! Forget burn-in, forget sennheiser tips. Get Sony Hybrids and thank me later.

Jul 5, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #414 of 506
Can't say I notice any significant difference between the Hybrids, the Sennheiser double flange and even the included tips in terms of sound reproduction...

TWICE is clearly your mind playing tricks on you :)

I still find the TD100 only slightly better than the N3 and clearly inferior to the RE0. Still great for the price, though.

Jul 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #415 of 506

Quote:
low cost for productions!!

xears is not a concern brand is noname !!
the history of other brand was long ago!!
akg 1947 austria
sennheiser 1938 germany
sony brothers 1952 japan
pioneer 1906 japan
shure 1950 usa

[size=x-large]labelprint xears  by alibaba[/size]

Im sorry but at this point i really have no idea what your talking about anymore lol. I assume your saying that Xears is a noname brand with no history like the other brands?

And that Xears are just a noname label that is printed on by alibaba? Thats what i could understand.

Or the other way to see it is that the history is brands are no longer applicable since everything is now MIC.

I do actually believe that you can get earphones comparable to Shures @ $8 if you actually bulk order that many pieces. IMO like many other products, what your basically paying for is the R&D, not the cost of the product.

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #416 of 506
Hi All.

I just got my order today. I ordered a pair of Xears TD100, TM1Pro and got the Playaz N3 for free.

The thing is, I think there was a mistake and I got sent the XR120PRO II instead of the TM1Pro.

Should I be pissed off or happy?

I'll leave some comments on all 3 earphones once I get a good listen (so far so good).

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #417 of 506

Quote:

I still find the TD100 only slightly better than the N3 and clearly inferior to the RE0. Still great for the price, though.

Agree, the TD100 sound to me like a more refined N3. I still prefer the RE0 at all times :)

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #418 of 506

Quote:
Hi All.

I just got my order today. I ordered a pair of Xears TD100, TM1Pro and got the Playaz N3 for free.

The thing is, I think there was a mistake and I got sent the XR120PRO II instead of the TM1Pro.

Should I be pissed off or happy?

I'll leave some comments on all 3 earphones once I get a good listen (so far so good).

You should be happy. XNR120 PRO II are better than TM1 PRO (these are the worst IEMs from Xears). Though I don't like XNR120 PRO II when compared to TD100.

TD100 are the best IEMs I've heard so far ; )

Just don't use the provided tips since in most cases they don't provide a good seal and sound radioish. Get Sony Hybrids. I can hear sounds I couldn't before. So much better than Sennheiser double flange... I'm shocked. But this is to my ears. We all have different ear canals. Theres a member (striker) that can't notice any difference from the provided tips and the Sony Hybrids. :O How is this possible I don't know!! He definitely got a totally different ear canal or is using fake Hybrids : )

Quote:
I still prefer the RE0 at all times :)

And what about the bass, compared with TD100? TD100's bass is almost as good and punchy as Hippo VB. And all those mids and highs are there too. Which ones give you more fun? RE0 or TD100?

Jul 6, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #419 of 506

Quote:

And what about the bass, compared with TD100? TD100's bass is almost as good and punchy as Hippo VB. And all those mids and highs are there too. Which ones give you more fun? RE0 or TD100?

RE0s bass is there and has great quality, just has a little less quantity than TD100. To me that is not a problem at all. I don't usually use EQs so by increasing the bass a bit in EQ it has the effect desired.

RE0 are way more fun to listen to because of their overall quality. TD100 are great for the price and certainly have good SQ but it cannot compete with RE0 in terms of mids and highs. RE0 are way better. RE0s bass with a bit of EQ is just perfect to me so that isn't a problem either. RE0 are way more comfortable too.

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #420 of 506
     Quote:
Theres a member (striker) that can't notice any difference from the provided tips and the Sony Hybrids. :O How is this possible I don't know!! He definitely got a totally different ear canal or is using fake Hybrids : )

Nope, original hybrids and fake sennheiser double flanges, so the difference should be even more pronounced :)

These "tip differences" are way overrated, at least from my experience. Sure, there are differences, but, given a good seal, they're minimal.

Quote:

Bass on the RE0 is better, more defined, if not by much. Less intense, less punchy, though.

It's really a matter of preference. The sub-bass you love, just ruins the sound to my ears. Especially in heavily produced music that already has the bass well above its normal levels.
Hippo VB sub-bass is just wrong to my ears, it's like the band is playing in a bathroom with all the resonance it brings to the sound.

The TD100 are somewhere in between, closer to the VB than to the RE0.

I'd say they're both fun, but with the RE0 I just enjoy the music and forget about the phones, while with the TD100 I enjoy the music but get distracted once in a while with the odd sound here, the lack of detail there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back