PLANAR IEMs fans thread-Impressions, suggestions, ranking list, techs
Mar 11, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #181 of 236
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #182 of 236
Received the Moondrop Golden ages--it is surprisingly very good for such a low price-( $79)- nice rich full sound--
It is a shallow insertion so getting a good seal is pretty easy---volume is good, so far I really like it.
Amazing that we can get such high quality audio gear for a pretty low cost---we are in the Golden Age of audio products I think.

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #184 of 236
Received the Moondrop Golden ages--it is surprisingly very good for such a low price-( $79)- nice rich full sound--
It is a shallow insertion so getting a good seal is pretty easy---volume is good, so far I really like it.
Amazing that we can get such high quality audio gear for a pretty low cost---we are in the Golden Age of audio products I think.
Do they have a mic?

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #187 of 236
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #188 of 236
I am thinking about IEM KZ PR1, PR2, PR3 headphones. Would it be an interesting alternative to the S12 Pro? Apparently S12 Pro is difficult to break through what I believe.

From this movie, the worst in my opinion are played by PR2 (they are not very distributing), PR3 ok, and PR1 they are cool. There are two or more PR1 wariants , PR1, PR1 Pro and PR1 HiFi 😕 rather HiFi is more likely to be more equal to the PR1. From other headphones I like DT990. Is PR1 not the oldest model but is, however, like KZ at a high price compared to PR2.3?
When it comes to selection within the PR1, I do not care about high sensitivity because I have a good source (XD05 Pro)

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #189 of 236
I am thinking about IEM KZ PR1, PR2, PR3 headphones. Would it be an interesting alternative to the S12 Pro? Apparently S12 Pro is difficult to break through what I believe.
The general consensus seems to be that the KZ PR1 pro is the best KZ/CCA planar they made.
It is still cheap on their own site for a few more hours?
https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-pr1-pro

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #190 of 236
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #192 of 236
I … don’t like the current planar tech. Hyped myself up due to Crinacle video about Timeless 1, got a S12, was impressed for like a week, before I switched to critical listening mode and that IEM crumbled. Got myself hyped up again for the MP145. Same story.

It’s not that these are bad IEM in any way. It’s more about “why tho?”. They have timbre issues like BA sets, and they (arguably) don’t out do newer DD sets in technical performance. For similar money (Aud $300 ish), I can get a DD set if I priorities timbre and coherency and bass, or I can get a hybrid set if I prioritise midrange tech. So to me, these 14.x mm planar drivers are unfulfilled promises. Maybe the ones just around the corner might change the situation.
Do yourself a solid and spend the $50-$70 (depending on current sales) and give the Artti T10 a try. That’s all I am going to say.

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #193 of 236
This is a hill I will gladly die on. I’ll put the Artti T10 up against any single driver planar magnetic up to $400. Period. End of story. I just did a comp with the S12 Pro, NiceHck F1 Pro and the original Timeless. It wasn’t even close. Considering what I have heard about the S15, it would handily take that down too. Nightingale, MP145, Shozy P20 dynamic… er I mean planar magnetic. Any and all of them. Don’t believe me? Check it out yourself. It will barely set you back $50 right now.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #194 of 236
This is a hill I will gladly die on. I’ll put the Artti T10 up against any single driver planar magnetic up to $400. Period. End of story. I just did a comp with the S12 Pro, NiceHck F1 Pro and the original Timeless. It wasn’t even close. Considering what I have heard about the S15, it would handily take that down too. Nightingale, MP145, Shozy P20 dynamic… er I mean planar magnetic. Any and all of them. Don’t believe me? Check it out yourself. It will barely set you back $50 right now.
I like the Artti T10 and while I only just started in this hobby and don't have direct comparisons I do think/feel that the technical performance stays behind a little bit. But in the end it is a nicely tuned musical planar, especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back